Novichok is back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Very interesting! About the only evidence missing now that would be more incriminating would be if they had "Russian Hitmen" tattooed on them somewhere.
    Will a lapel pin suffice?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Will a lapel pin suffice?

Does it have traces of Novichok on it?

Putin really blew it. The stupidest thing he could have done was claim they were only civilians and have them on RT. Now he is undeniably tied to those two goofballs.

If he was smart,he should have claimed no knowledge about them, then later claimed they were rogue elements, and then claim later still they must have died suddenly from their own contact to the stuff. Easy peasy 1 2 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Does it have traces of Novichok on it?

Putin really blew it. The stupidest thing he could have done was claim they were only civilians and have them on RT. Now he is undeniably tied to those two goofballs.

If he was smart,he should have claimed no knowledge about them, then later claimed they were rogue elements, and then claim later still they must have died suddenly from their own contact to the stuff. Easy peasy 1 2 3.
        Lubyanka must be recruiting halfwits these days. According to Thaddeus Wittlin, the guy that arranged Sergei Kirov's bodyguard's "unfortunate accident" ( ) was remembered as saying that "anyone can make an assassination, but it takes a real artist make a convincing suicide."

Comment

Lubyanka must be recruiting halfwits these days. According to Thaddeus Wittlin, the guy that arranged Sergei Kirov's bodyguard's "unfortunate accident" ( ) was remembered as saying that "anyone can make an assassination, but it takes a real artist make a convincing suicide."
          I think you misunderstand the motive. The message they want to send is "We can kill at will and get away with it". Faking a suicide won't do that - they want the world to know they did it which is why the denials are so lame - they are sneering at the West.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I think you misunderstand the motive. The message they want to send is "We can kill at will and get away with it". Faking a suicide won't do that - they want the world to know they did it which is why the denials are so lame - they are sneering at the West.
            The NKVD managed the same thing, only not as sloppily. They wanted genuine deniability in the eyes of fellow travelers, but they definitely wanted their own guys -- ie prospective defectors -- to know who did the deed. The pair novichok'ed in Salisbury, they were in the know. Had the two of them died in a tragic accident in London's tubes, believe me, their fellow spooks would have gotten the message loud and clear.

I'm thinking here of an NKVD defector who committed suicide on a Washington DC train platform: he left behind two suicide notes -- in different hands. Still the DC police ruled it a suicide. It doesn't get better than that.

Comment

I saw an interview with the Russian Journalist who questioned these men. They said they would get back to her with the photos they took of the Cathedral-she is still waiting. Also the contact telephone number they gave her no longer works.

Comment

The NKVD managed the same thing, only not as sloppily. They wanted genuine deniability in the eyes of fellow travelers, but they definitely wanted their own guys -- ie prospective defectors -- to know who did the deed. The pair novichok'ed in Salisbury, they were in the know. Had the two of them died in a tragic accident in London's tubes, believe me, their fellow spooks would have gotten the message loud and clear.

I'm thinking here of an NKVD defector who committed suicide on a Washington DC train platform: he left behind two suicide notes -- in different hands. Still the DC police ruled it a suicide. It doesn't get better than that.
                Agents may have known that the nkvd carried out the Washington assassination but the general public did not.
                Putin wanted everyone to know who carried out the attack in Salisbury.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                  Agents may have known that the nkvd carried out the Washington assassination but the general public did not.
                  Putin wanted everyone to know who carried out the attack in Salisbury.
                  In the tradition of the Trotsky assassination,perhaps ?
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Manafort defence lawyer Kevin Downing after Thursday's court appearance. "He wanted to make sure that his family was able to remain safe and live a good life."

remain safe read "Novichok".

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

In the tradition of the Trotsky assassination,perhaps ?
                      More in the tradition of the Mafia killing someone who has broken omerta.
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Working...
                      X