The Great German Meltdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gooner View Post

The Germans will threaten not to sell us anymore BMWs and Mercs?

The ironic thing is, if Germany had come out and said we want to buy a couple of hundred F-35s - which they can easily afford and probably could do with - old Trumpy would be happy, the trade deficit reduced and the looming trade war averted.
    If you bothered to check, Germany exports BMW,s Mercedes, Audi MADE in the USA and exported to Germany.

Mercs....someplace around 80,000 and BMW 60.000 depending on what model
    Last edited by Bow; 19 Jun 18, 09:09. Reason: My brother in laws M model is made in the US...my GLC is made in Germany..

Comment

That's probably the reason they import raw steel - but who cares for such details when you can make 'Merica Greta again by just saying it out loud repeatedly...
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post

If you bothered to check, Germany exports BMW,s Mercedes, Audi MADE in the USA and exported to Germany.

Mercs....someplace around 80,000 and BMW 60.000 depending on what model
        BMW opened their plant in Spartanburg SC in 1993 or so. I heard about it in '92, and I was seriously tempted to go there. I think I would have liked building BMWs, though South Carolina would have stretched my tolerance to its limits.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Germany: Left-wing violence and extremism on the rise

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germany-l...113644138.html
          Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Is this statement false?

”Militarily, the radical about-faces are the same. Germany has gone from spiked helmets to Weimar pacifism, from the Waffen SS to Potemkin divisions and gossamer air wings. Berlin never quite seems to realize that had it just followed the classical golden mean—strong armed forces under the auspices of Democratic government—it would have neither scared its neighbors nor required 70 years of subsidized postwar defense dependence.

Despite America’s role in the Cold War protecting West Germany and later unifying East and West, Germans now conveniently poll as among the most anti-American people in the EU. And Germany polls the most anti-Trump, which is not surprising given Trump’s harangues about fairer NATO defense spending and trade deficits, both implicit denunciations of Germany’s mercantile trade policies, and virtual disarmament and reliance on the U.S. military.”
            Who had the largest and strongest ground force in NATO during the Cold War?

Germans are not anti American. You mistake their disgust of Trump for Anti Americanism. The German mercantile is were most Germans work and make a living. ..........PERSONAL ATTACK DELETED..............

Based on your recent non PG-13 and foul language public description of what the acronym TDS stands for, the usage of TDS by YOU will not be allowed to stand now and in the future, and will be views as a personal attack and an actionable offense. You brought that upon yourself.

ACG Staff
            Last edited by Salinator; 30 Jun 18, 15:29.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              Germany: Left-wing violence and extremism on the rise

https://www.yahoo.com/news/germany-l...113644138.html
              https://www.dw.com/en/more-right-win...ver/a-37491252
              More right-wing attacks on German politicians than ever

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                Perhaps this is false also, although I would prefer proof over conjecture,

”For all of its growing animus toward America, Germany has still not met its promised 2 percent expenditures of GDP on defense according to NATO’s requirements.
                If the German Parliament would seriously try to attempt that, I fail to see much of public support.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                  Yeah, "apart the Nazi period". That's the world's biggest "except". That's like saying "I killed 50 people last week but I didn't kill anyone before that and I haven't killed any since so I'm basically a good person".
                  Your argument contains the flaw by raising "the guilty by association" question.

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post

Your argument contains the flaw by raising "the guilty by association" question.
                    I just finished reading The German War by Nicholas Stargardt. There were a lot of Germans who were entirely happy being ruled by the Nazis until the very end of war, so I guess that "guilt by association" fits here.

Comment

well John, have you heard about casting stones in a glass house? Germany's VERY Dark period lasted 12 years. How long has Americas slavery and segregation lasted? We can avoid our policy to the NA for now and our taking of land by military force. But it can always be brought to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

BMW opened their plant in Spartanburg SC in 1993 or so. I heard about it in '92, and I was seriously tempted to go there. I think I would have liked building BMWs, though South Carolina would have stretched my tolerance to its limits.
                        They are assembled in Spartanburg, SC. All the pieces are made in Germany, still.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Germany is good at engineering but not so great when it comes to the big picture. American pragmatism philosophy should be required reading in German schools. Somehow they just can't grasp the idea of the divinity of all individuals, the nature of freewill and the relationship to meritocracy.

Germany doesn't need more workers as automation becomes more of a force in the world and if their economy was as good as people say they wouldn't turn their woman into wage slaves in support of some utopian dream. If one income in Germany could support a family and buy a house their women would opt into motherhood.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

The same could be said for their newly immigrated workforce.
                            If the millions of refugees pass their assimilation training, their women could opt into motherhood.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              Germany is good at engineering but not so great when it comes to the big picture. American pragmatism philosophy should be required reading in German schools. Somehow they just can't grasp the idea of the divinity of all individuals, the nature of freewill and the relationship to meritocracy.
                              Germans are more pragmatic than the Americans. They understand that all of this doesn't exist.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              Germany doesn't need more workers as automation becomes more of a force in the world and if their economy was as good as people say they wouldn't turn their woman into wage slaves in support of some utopian dream. If one income in Germany could support a family and buy a house their women would opt into motherhood.
                              Of course they wouldn't. We aren't in 19th century anymore. Today women will not stand home and get busy with kids. Theywant to be independent with their own income.
                              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Germans are more pragmatic than the Americans. They understand that all of this doesn't exist.
                                No it's why they didn't understand what Hitler or Merkel would result in.

Of course they wouldn't. We aren't in 19th century anymore. Today women will not stand home and get busy with kids. Theywant to be independent with their own income.
                                Women are more unhappy than they were in the 50's. You clearly don't understand them.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X