The Great German Meltdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Time will tell. You can’t open the floodgates and expect no impact..
    is this statement false?

”In response to the growing hatred, Felix Klein, Germany’s newly appointed special envoy entrusted by the Merkel government with addressing the nation’s growing anti-Semitism—much of it the result of the influx of Muslims—recently shrugged it off, simply pointing out that more and more Jews are leaving Germany: “It is quite understandable that those who are scared for the safety of their children would consider leaving.”
    Author should bring proofs that anti-Semitism is growing in Germany. Statistics and not just a personal opinion. Various accidents surrounding Jews don't mean a rise of anti-Semitism.

”Militarily, the radical about-faces are the same. Germany has gone from spiked helmets to Weimar pacifism, from the Waffen SS to Potemkin divisions and gossamer air wings. Berlin never quite seems to realize that had it just followed the classical golden mean—strong armed forces under the auspices of Democratic government—it would have neither scared its neighbors nor required 70 years of subsidized postwar defense dependence.
    It makes zero sense. What is "strong armed forces under the auspices of Democratic government" ? How much divisions is that ?

Despite America’s role in the Cold War protecting West Germany and later unifying East and West, Germans now conveniently poll as among the most anti-American people in the EU. And Germany polls the most anti-Trump, which is not surprising given Trump’s harangues about fairer NATO defense spending and trade deficits, both implicit denunciations of Germany’s mercantile trade policies, and virtual disarmament and reliance on the U.S. military.”
    America was first of all protecting himself. Germans were on the first line and in case of war it would happen really bad for them. It was USSR who unified East and West, not US. The anti-Americanism in Germany is also logical given the distabilization all around the world supported by the US and thus posing a threat t Germany.

”For all of its growing animus toward America, Germany has still not met its promised 2 percent expenditures of GDP on defense according to NATO’s requirements. Yet it still runs up huge trade deficits with the United States ($65 billion a year). Germany also enjoys the world’s largest account surplus at $287 billion—warping international trade as the country discourages imports and calibrates its economy mostly for export. The Euro is, by Berlin’s design, still undervalued, and allows the Germans a commercial competitiveness likely impossible were they still to use the Deutsche Mark.”
    Germany knows better how much to spend on his military.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      Yeah, "apart the Nazi period". That's the world's biggest "except". That's like saying "I killed 50 people last week but I didn't kill anyone before that and I haven't killed any since so I'm basically a good person".
      There was the word "long" in the sentense. 12 years of Nazi rule is just a tiny fraction of German history.
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Germany not the only nation in Europe with "immagrant" issues. From today's Drudge Report;
        Austria to Stage Border Defense War Games After Migrant Surge Warning...

Italy, France tensions spiral over rejected ship...
        Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
        Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

They're still the economy number 1 in Europe and umber 4 in the world. So not that bad.
          Their Debt to GDP is better than most of Europe;
          http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
          Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

Or, I had slaves and killed off the natives a hundred or two hundred years ago, but now I am a good person.
            That slave thing was started by European colonist here in North and South Americas a few centuries before the USA became a nation, and once we did only about the Southern have had slaves. Which was corrected about 150+ years ago.
            Majority of the "killing off of Natives" also happened in the few centuries of European colonization here prior to the USA becoming a nation. BTW, there are some remaining "Natives" still.
            We get a little credit for improving the last couple of centuries.
            We also had a lot fewer overseas "colonies" and divested of those sooner, than some European nations.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

That slave thing was started by European colonist here in North and South Americas a few centuries before the USA became a nation, and once we did only about the Southern have had slaves. Which was corrected about 150+ years ago.
              Majority of the "killing off of Natives" also happened in the few centuries of European colonization here prior to the USA becoming a nation. BTW, there are some remaining "Natives" still.
              We get a little credit for improving the last couple of centuries.
              We also had a lot fewer overseas "colonies" and divested of those sooner, than some European nations.
              I think he was referring to King Leopold and his treatment of “his” natives.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Or, I had slaves and killed off the natives a hundred or two hundred years ago, but now I am a good person.
                If you were doing anything a hundred or two hundred years ago then I'd be shocked if you were any kind of person now.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

If you were doing anything a hundred or two hundred years ago then I'd be shocked if you were any kind of person now.
                  *cough* Mountain Man*cough*
                  You can have as much bias as yo are prepared to pay for.

Comment

I read that article earlier today. One thing stood out to me, the author implying that Germany might start going after it's neighbors. I wouldn't worry about Germany invading anyone anytime soon. From what I gather, their military probably couldn't conquer Belgium, much less France or the UK.

Comment

*cough* Mountain Man*cough*
                      I'm withholding judgement until a see a birth certificate -- or someone saws him in half and counts the rings. Rimshot
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                        I read that article earlier today. One thing stood out to me, the author implying that Germany might start going after it's neighbors. I wouldn't worry about Germany invading anyone anytime soon. From what I gather, their military probably couldn't conquer Belgium, much less France or the UK.
                        This is what he said about Germany’s history with military power, maybe you have better comprehension ability than Emots,

“Militarily, the radical about-faces are the same. Germany has gone from spiked helmets to Weimar pacifism, from the Waffen SS to Potemkin divisions and gossamer air wings. Berlin never quite seems to realize that had it just followed the classical golden mean—strong armed forces under the auspices of Democratic government—it would have neither scared its neighbors nor required 70 years of subsidized postwar defense dependence.”
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Author should bring proofs that anti-Semitism is growing in Germany. Statistics and not just a personal opinion. Various accidents surrounding Jews don't mean a rise of anti-Semitism.

It makes zero sense. What is "strong armed forces under the auspices of Democratic government" ? How much divisions is that ?

America was first of all protecting himself. Germans were on the first line and in case of war it would happen really bad for them. It was USSR who unified East and West, not US. The anti-Americanism in Germany is also logical given the distabilization all around the world supported by the US and thus posing a threat t Germany.

Germany knows better how much to spend on his military.
                          You should brush up on your comprehension skills.
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                            Interesting I have never read anything from the Hoover Institution before that I can recall. Book marked the website to read more articles, thanks for sharing the link!
                            Your welcome, I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Meanwhile, during those years Fins were eating reindeer balls. Animal rights activists now refer to them as savages.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Meanwhile, during those years Fins were eating reindeer balls. Animal rights activists now refer to them as savages.
                                Awww. Are you still angry I called you a welfare leech? It's not your fault. Some people just aren't fit for anything else than government work.
                                You can have as much bias as yo are prepared to pay for.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X