Ireland to drop 8th ammendment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Well the few cases of abortion I witnessed personally were in absence of a (useful) father, so in that regard, while he may not get to choose, by his actions he can imho certainly influence the outcome...
    Sure, if he's not around then he doesn't get a say but if your 17 year old daughter came home and said she was pregnant she would get to choose if she wanted to become a parent. If your 17 year old son came home and said that his girlfriend was pregnant he wouldn't get to choose if he became a parent.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Well obviously some sort of agreement with the girls parents would have to be reached, but it's not impossible is it ?

Certainly if the girl doesn't want to be a mother - then there's a problem,

you can't force someone to give birth and raise a child after all.. but no law will change that.

Some things need to be considered before impregnating a girl, and if he's my son he'll know that
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        Well obviously some sort of agreement with the girls parents would have to be reached, but it's not impossible is it ?

Certainly if the girl doesn't want to be a mother - then there's a problem,

you can't force someone to give birth and raise a child after all.. but no law will change that.

Some things need to be considered before impregnating a girl, and if he's my son he'll know that
        My point is that while she will not have to become a parent against her will the father might and if he does then he has that responsibility thrust open him for the rest of his life.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

My point is that while she will not have to become a parent against her will the father might and if he does then he has that responsibility thrust open him for the rest of his life.
          And many are incapable of assuming that responsibility and/or abdicate from it and the mother ends up bearing the full load.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

And many are incapable of assuming that responsibility and/or abdicate from it and the mother ends up bearing the full load.
            That's also true. The point remains that much of the debate around abortion centers around the right of a woman to choose whether or not she wants to be a mother and her right to make that choice. There is no discussion as to whether the father should also have the right to choose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X