Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland to drop 8th ammendment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Emtos View Post

    What is the problem with that ? You can do this on other mammals if you want so.
    If it isnít a human being why would it require heart surgery?
    Why would you even waste money on an operation room?
    again I ask, if itís not a human, why are there warnings on cigarettes telling expectant mothers the product will harm their baby?

    its not a human being, it is a mass of cells, cell masses do not have legal status and thatís the pro abortion argument and that is the folly of their argument, scientifically, of course a fetus or unborn child is human, that is why prenatal surgery has been perfected.
    Abortion advocates can not argue that unborn humans have no rights based on science or medical principles, so they do so by twisting a legal argument.
    But suddenly, and magically when a doctor cuts the cord attaching the mass of cells to its mother, it becomes a human.
    Boy them doctors have superpowers huh?
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

      If it isnít a human being why would it require heart surgery?
      Why would you even waste money on an operation room?
      again I ask, if itís not a human, why are there warnings on cigarettes telling expectant mothers the product will harm their baby?
      Tomato sauce and olives aren't a pizza but if you have bad sauce and olives, you will get a bad pizza. Same for humans. Start with bad cells and you get a bad human.


      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      its not a human being, it is a mass of cells, cell masses do not have legal status and thatís the pro abortion argument and that is the folly of their argument, scientifically, of course a fetus or unborn child is human, that is why prenatal surgery has been perfected.
      Cells are also subject to different rules and laws.


      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      But suddenly, and magically when a doctor cuts the cord attaching the mass of cells to its mother, it becomes a human.
      Boy them doctors have superpowers huh?
      He doesn't becomes human. He gets a legal status.

      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Emtos View Post

        Tomato sauce and olives aren't a pizza but if you have bad sauce and olives, you will get a bad pizza. Same for humans. Start with bad cells and you get a bad human.




        Cells are also subject to different rules and laws.




        He doesn't becomes human. He gets a legal status.
        So when does ďheĒ become human?
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

          So when does ďheĒ become human?
          Around 12 weeks.
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Emtos View Post

            Around 12 weeks.
            Then abortion after 12 weeks is murder.
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

              Then abortion after 12 weeks is murder.
              Depends on the laws. Normally it's not.
              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Weird thing, those opposed to abortion support the death penalty while those who support abortion oppose the death penalty...

                Just say'n...
                Um.... hello?

                Could have sworn I posted that I support both, right here on this very thread.

                And I can't be the only one.... can I?
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

                -Captain Jack

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

                  Um.... hello?

                  Could have sworn I posted that I support both, right here on this very thread.

                  And I can't be the only one.... can I?
                  Me too sort of...my issue with both is that abortion should not be used as a form of birth control you know an ounce of prevention...

                  I would be for the death penalty if it were more evenly applied and am quite worried about judicial errors, although modern forensics makes it a little for certain.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

                    Then abortion after 12 weeks is murder.
                    The law, as proposed, will allow abortions after 12 weeks when there is a real and substantial threat to the life of the mother.
                    I've no problem with that though I consider every abortion to be tragic.
                    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                      ...I consider every abortion to be tragic.
                      I suspect most would.

                      It's not because abortion is legally allowed, you're forced to make use of that option though, as long as all other alternatives are available as well.

                      That's somewhat different with the death penalty which can imposed on you.
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

                        I suspect most would.

                        It's not because abortion is legally allowed, you're forced to make use of that option though, as long as all other alternatives are available as well.

                        That's somewhat different with the death penalty which can imposed on you.
                        The argument from the pro-life side is that the unborn child doesn't get to choose. I think there is merit in that argument. I don't understand why anyone can be black and white on such a complex issue.
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

                          The argument from the pro-life side is that the unborn child doesn't get to choose. I think there is merit in that argument. I don't understand why anyone can be black and white on such a complex issue.
                          Among reasonable people there can be some measure of nuance, perhaps even some measure of disagreement. Since the late-1970s, however, abortion has been used as a "wedge issue" by professional political operatives as a means leveraging away voters from one party and towards another. The debate about abortion TODAY has little or nothing to do with the sanctity of life, or the freedom to choose, and everything with professional operatives converting citizens from reasonable people holding various opinions into frothing-at-the-mouth political partisans. In short, it's nothing but a great con, like everything else in politics.

                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_issue
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                            The argument from the pro-life side is that the unborn child doesn't get to choose. I think there is merit in that argument. I don't understand why anyone can be black and white on such a complex issue.
                            There's merit, but it's not unique for abortion, an unborn child doesn't get to choose,

                            Not if its mother jumps off a bridge, runs her car against a wall, if she decides to smoke or drink during pregnancy, the quality of the father, or any other thing

                            In fact if you put a child up for adoption, it doesn't get to choose either.




                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

                              There's merit, but it's not unique for abortion, an unborn child doesn't get to choose,

                              Not if its mother jumps off a bridge, runs her car against a wall, if she decides to smoke or drink during pregnancy, the quality of the father, or any other thing

                              In fact if you put a child up for adoption, it doesn't get to choose either.



                              I agree.
                              It should also be remembered that pregnancy is for 9 months whereas parenthood is for life and the father doesn't get to choose either way.
                              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Well the few cases of abortion I witnessed personally were in absence of a (useful) father, so in that regard, while he may not get to choose, by his actions he can imho certainly influence the outcome...
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X