Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG in Europe ?

I was wondering (again !!!)...
    I have been looking around here in the newspaperstores for an ACG magazine, but until now havn't been able to find one...
    Can I purchase the ACG magazine here in continental Europe? Or is the distribution of it limited to the US?

Greets,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    I was wondering (again !!!)...
    I have been looking around here in the newspaperstores for an ACG magazine, but until now havn't been able to find one...
    Can I purchase the ACG magazine here in continental Europe? Or is the distribution of it limited to the US?

Greets,
    Stratego

I was wondering the same if it distributed out side the US is it sold in Australia?
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

I saw a copy in Echuca once. (Country town)
      The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
        I saw a copy in Echuca once. (Country town)
        Bugger going to Echuca gotta look in Albury see if I find on where should I look in a hobby shop?
        http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

I picked up my first issue in Stockholm, in store that sold just about any magazine there is.

I am now on some kind of slow boat subscription with at least one month delay. I would have thought that the convoys over the Atlantic would have starterd to run smoother now when the Kriegsmarine and their pesky subs no longer is a problem...
          "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Is the ACG magazine to be found in the UK ????
            Where are our Brits who can answer this...

Greets,
            Stratego
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

I usually go to WH Smiths for my mags and i have never seen it.
              Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Yes it comes to Europe. It even gets to Portugal. LOL!
                You just have to be close to a good place. Plus, I'm sure there's a lot of people that have just decided to sign it.
                All warfare is based on deception.
                Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

My subscription to my Dutch address works just fine now, but before that I had frequent and sometimes long discussions with book sellers in the Hague, quite a cosmopolitan city where most expats in the Netherlands live.
                  All tried to explain me why getting this magazine was so difficult. ABC (American Book Centre) in the Hague promised to try but I haven't checked recently as my subscription works just fine (knock wood).
                  BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Sorry I missed this conversation until just now.

We are sold in most European countires (and Australia) but it is fairly limited distribution.

Mainly we would be in newsstands (I think they are called newsagents in the UK) that specialize in carrying International magazines and maybe an espcecially good bookstore.

Due to the high cost of shipping heavy magazines around the world by the time they reach other countries they are priced too high for the local market. This is a barrier to magazines being sold in far away countires in general.

If you tell me what city you are in I can get back to you in a couple of days and tell you whether there is a store in that city that carries us.

For international subscriptions (not including Canada)...it will take about an extra month to get to you due to all the extra transit time on ships etc. We do have an airmail option at an extra $10 cost I think.

Finally for International readers...don't forget we offer a digital subscription. I think it is $17.99. We offer this mainly for International readers as it allows you to get the issue the minute it comes out and there is no expensive charges for delivery etc... I know that digital maagzines do not appeal to everyone...mostly younger reads. But one nice feature they offer (in additon to being cheaper and fast delivery) is that they are fully searchable!
                    Publisher
                    Armchair General Magazine
                    Weider History Group

Comment

why not print in other countrys?
                      FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
                      BAN ME NOW

Comment

Originally posted by ROOBARB View Post
                        why not print in other countrys?
                        Unless you have a certain mimimum press run... printing is very expensive as there is a large fixed cost for just turning on the press. So you really need to have say a 10,000 run at the mimimum to make it economical.

The ideal way publsih in other countries is to find a local magazine publisher who licences your magazine content for local production and distribution because in addition to printing the magazine there is a variety of other infratructure that is needed to conduct business in a country. Just one example...I would need a person to negotiate with the various magazine sellers to carry us and arrange for billing, handling of returns, etc...

For example if I could find a UK magazine publisher who would like to sell ACG in the UK I could give them the content, they would publish it and just give me a small percentage of the revenues. That is the traditional way international editions are handled.
                        Publisher
                        Weider History Group

Comment

progress

Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
                          My subscription to my Dutch address works just fine now, but before that I had frequent and sometimes long discussions with book sellers in the Hague, quite a cosmopolitan city where most expats in the Netherlands live.
                          All tried to explain me why getting this magazine was so difficult. ABC (American Book Centre) in the Hague promised to try but I haven't checked recently as my subscription works just fine (knock wood).
                          Glad to announce that ABC in the Hague (and probably its outlet in Amsterdam as well) has started to sell ACG in the Netherlands.
                          A visiting friend from the ACG forums was pleased as Punch and didn't lose a moment buying the November copy
                          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

That's great news! Thanks for sharing it.
                            Publisher
                            Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
                              Glad to announce that ABC in the Hague (and probably its outlet in Amsterdam as well) has started to sell ACG in the Netherlands.
                              A visiting friend from the ACG forums was pleased as Punch and didn't lose a moment buying the November copy
                              Who was this "visiting friend" ???

Greets,
                              Stratego

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X