Royal pain....er,...wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the ace View Post
    It tells you all you need to know that the number of street parties planned in Scotland is..... one.

We just couldn't care less any more.
    Did you ever ? Nevertheless ,putting aside all this marginal nonsense about the Royal Family would not an” independent” Scotland wish to retain the Queen as Head-of- State ?

But perhaps a search throughout the world for a survivor of the Stuart dynasty ,or maybe declaring your Ms Sturgeon as first president of the People’s Republic of Caledonia ?
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Did you ever ? Nevertheless ,putting aside all this marginal nonsense about the Royal Family would not an” independent” Scotland wish to retain the Queen as Head-of- State ?

But perhaps a search throughout the world for a survivor of the Stuart dynasty ,or maybe declaring your Ms Sturgeon as first president of the People’s Republic of Caledonia ?
      Mel Gibson as king??
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Technically, as the 19th Great-Granddaughter of Robert I, she's pretty close to the rightful Queen anyway, the idea of keeping her on is just one of those things. Of course, she might not be entirely chuffed at being, "Your Grace," (traditional Scottish address) rather than, "Your Majesty."

Without her, a republic would be the logical way to go, but the choice of a President is so far in the future, that it's not really an issue right now.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          Not so much a golddigger as a social wannabe. Prince Harry had to go all the way to the US to find a woman that would put up with him. Miss Meghan earns too much money for me to call her a golddigger. Diana and Fergie showed that marrying a Royal was not a source of unlimited wealth. Prenups are a standard for the wealthy in the UK.

Pruitt

This man needs no money to get all girls he wants.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Daud; 15 Jan 20, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
            Well what is done is done, the main thing is the baby now. Let him grow up in Canada away from all that.

I wouldn't think much of Harry now if he ran back to the palace to live in his grandparents basement.

Move forward, be a man, husband, father and carve out a new life. Run for public office in Canada.
            There's some talk of appointing him Governor General of Canada. The last British Governor General was Gen. Alexander after the war but Royal personages have held the office before such as King George IV's brother.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post

Technically, as the 19th Great-Granddaughter of Robert I, she's pretty close to the rightful Queen anyway, the idea of keeping her on is just one of those things. Of course, she might not be entirely chuffed at being, "Your Grace," (traditional Scottish address) rather than, "Your Majesty."

Without her, a republic would be the logical way to go, but the choice of a President is so far in the future, that it's not really an issue right now.
              Fair enough.I think that a Construction Monarchy would be the way to go, but that,of course,would depend upon the people of Scotland:- should it ever come to pass.
              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                Meghan has her own money. I read somewhere she is worth $30 million. If she goes back to work, it will increase. If Harry finds a job, even more! If Harry was smart, he would not live in California with their divorce laws...

Pruitt
                Together, they are worth $30 million. Her net worth is only $5 million, while his net worth is $25 million. I wonder if he will continue to receive his annual allowance from Prince Charles.

Comment

I doubt Prince Charles will give him any. The British Government may be on the hook for his security team. Anyone want to guess how long it takes for them to move to LA?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

There's some talk of appointing him Governor General of Canada. The last British Governor General was Gen. Alexander after the war but Royal personages have held the office before such as King George IV's brother.
                    Wha' tchoo t'ink dem dere Montre-becquois, dem French Canuck dere t'ink abou' dat, eh?
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                      Anyone want to guess how long it takes for them to move to LA?

Pruitt
                      Probably whenever Meghan wants to.....mee-yow...(sound of whip whoosh and CRACK!)
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

Wha' tchoo t'ink dem dere Montre-becquois, dem French Canuck dere t'ink abou' dat, eh?
                        Not much, but a proposal for just that came from a French Canadien many years ago.

Comment

• Dodgy, very dodgy people, them Scotch...
                          Their National Anthems' a a song about kicking the st out of the English, every other dirge they can drone on a bleedin' bagpipe is about kicking st out of somebody or other.
                          Recently they erected a monument to their chief st kicker, William Wallace, right next to Stirling Castle. When this magnificent edifice (sculptured for them by an English man) was revealed it was found to be a perfect double of Mel Gibson...
                          Cue much hard drinking and foul mutterings in the glens, melons were painted in blue woad, an attack was launched and Mel's statue had the st kicked out of it!
                          It's since been replaced with summat resembling their hero of myth and leg-end, bringing an uneasy peace back to the Scottish Lands.
                          How do I know all this...
                          My only daughter's run off with one of the bastards and now lives in his hovel, within a stone's throw of Bannockburn!!!
                          Last edited by Von Richter; 21 Jan 20, 20:05.
                          The long toll of the brave
                          Is not lost in darkness
                          Over the fruitful earth
                          And athwart the seas
                          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• ...I'm very sorry for you, Von...

Perhaps Scottish secession is a good thing in your eyes? Maybe they could make Harry the next king there...that or just give it back to the Irish.
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                              ...I'm very sorry for you, Von...

Perhaps Scottish secession is a good thing in your eyes? Maybe they could make Harry the next king there...that or just give it back to the Irish.
                              We don't want Northern Ireland. Why would we want Scotland?
                              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X