Royal pain....er,...wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    It struck me that they are like Irish Travelers; they marry their cousins and turn up to events in a horse and carriage.
    Nah, Prince Charles has never turned up and offered to tarmac my drive.
    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Did you notice ...

Everyone made a big deal about her father not being there but I didn't see his father there either. How come?
      (Edit: I couldn't have seen his father there as I didn't watch it.)

He does seem to be a good guy and while that could be due to good media management it is of no real consequence to anyone. I do hope his father and brother are as good as their job as his grandmother. I wouldn't wish that job on anyone.

So, he is a young man who has to live his life in public, who lost his mother at a very young age and who has been quite open about how difficult he found that. He has, at the very least, done some good as showing your weaknesses like that takes strength and can help others who think they are struggling alone.

From the very little I know about her she seems to have had difficult times as well but has risen above it and built a good life for herself.

I wish them both well.
      ... Ben Mulroney sitting front and center with the best seat in the house, even though you didn't watch it? Ok, neither did I, coz I didn't watch it either, but I saw pictures of the event, after the event:

Ben is the son of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, he of singing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" with another fella of Irish descent, Ronald Reagan. Mulroney-the-younger is an annoying TV personality in Canada, his wife Jessica, stylist for Sophie Grégoire Trudeau (despite the fact that the PM fathers detested each other), is even more annoying, and apparently is Meaghan Markle's "bestie" from her time in Toronto. They secretly entertained Wales & Markle at their home before they were announced to the world as an item (ooooh!); their twin sons i.e. Mulroneys-the-youngest were the pages holding up the bridal veil/train. I'd post more photos but they're incidental to the political ramifications. In any case, like me, you're fully up to date now!

I think Harry's the most human, and the most likable of the lot, I wish them the best as well.
      "I am Groot"
      - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
        ... I figure if Charlie Harper can make a fashion statement outta bowling shirts, I can do the same for football aka soccer jerseys. I have a whack of them, bought them used and cheap on e-bay years ago; they last forever. . . . .
        Between me and Slick Jr we've got a whole closet of them.

As well as assorted Lundqvist, Callahan, and Derek Jeter shirts. Suffice to say, anyone wearing anything from Philly, or Liverpool, or Madrid, or Boston gets a right unwelcome feeling in our corner of Brooklyn.

Originally posted by Marmat
        Ben Mulroney sitting front and center . . . . Ben is the son of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney . . . . I'd post more photos but they're incidental to the political ramifications. In any case, like me, you're fully up to date now!
        So what does this all mean, that Canada's flag will revert to

or that French will become Britain's new official language?
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
          I get the impression that there has been a poor relationship between the Duchess’s half siblings and her for some time. They are probably spongers.
          You mean like Scotsmen?

Rimshot

Comment

It struck me that they are like Irish Travelers; they marry their cousins and turn up to events in a horse and carriage.
            I think that these days they go by Winnebago and trailer.

Comment

Prince Harry had his Bachelor Party last week in London and here is his "Quote ofthe Day" from that memorable event:

"It's really weird stuffing money into a stripper's g-string when every bill has a photo of your Grandmother printed on it."

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                It was a payoff. No more wars of ascension and no more civil war due to politics.
                In addition study of the subject - here at least - quickly revealed keeping a president would be more expensive than a royal family.

Quite disregarding the political issues you point out yourself obviously.

https://remco.es/wp-content/uploads/....2-123-144.pdf

The chief of states in the West European monarchies do have a civil list paid by the state

budget.

This study examines in some detail the cost in budgetary terms to national treasuries of

the head of state of ten different West European countries.

Last edited by Snowygerry; 24 May 18, 09:38.
                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

harry-meghan-prince-royal-yono-oko.jpg?w=750&h=560.jpg

05c7148c0fb010409a85b8712c6a7394621e2296.jpg

Comment

Well what is done is done, the main thing is the baby now. Let him grow up in Canada away from all that.

I wouldn't think much of Harry now if he ran back to the palace to live in his grandparents basement.

Move forward, be a man, husband, father and carve out a new life. Run for public office in Canada.

Comment

Let's see...when did I start this thread?....oh yeah ...a year and a half ago...who knew?(hint: - me...)
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        Anyone else think that Meghan's a bit of a golddigger?
                        Well at least she was pretty looking...............or would you rather Harry marry some horse faced maiden with linage that goes back to the Norman Conquest .....Good for you boyo!...The Royals need a bit of colour to liven them up.....

North of YYZ

Comment

Meghan has her own money. I read somewhere she is worth $30 million. If she goes back to work, it will increase. If Harry finds a job, even more! If Harry was smart, he would not live in California with their divorce laws...

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Meghan has her own money. I read somewhere she is worth $30 million.

Pruitt
                            Where do you suppose she got all that cash??
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Mostly as a TV actress. I doubt if most of it is in cash.

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                                Well at least she was pretty looking...............or would you rather Harry marry some horse faced maiden with linage that goes back to the Norman Conquest .....Good for you boyo!...The Royals need a bit of colour to liven them up.....

North of YYZ
                                Or cut down on the royal dental Bills, ....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X