Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Romanian border guards shoot illegal immigrants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Sure there well Dream on! IF, repeat IF that was the case why aren't legals and Americans filling those jobs now?
    Seriously? Illegals (and migrant workers, where of a goodly percentage are illegals) are not full time employees (even if they work more than 40 hrs/wk) and are hired for 89 days, fired, and rehired the next day. That way the companies do not have to have retirement plans, health care and other mandated benefits. Often they do not pay taxes as "migrants" are typically paid under the table (and that goes without saying for illegals). They often get paid quite well; $10/hr or better, but if under the table that is still better than hiring locally. Farmers around here usually pay from $10-14/hr during picking season. I've seen "migrant workers" holding construction jobs in Northern Michigan (where folk of Mexican decent are a rarity) earning $10.00/hr plus room and board (at one of the better hotels in the area) despite the fact there were many locals who could have been hired for the job.

It is quite a racket, but Democrats have come to rely heavily (and increasingly) on identity politics, and illegals from Central America are being used to fill the ranks of all the old Democratic constituencies which have been jumping ship since the late 80's.

Where are the legals and Americans? In the unemployment line...for as long as that holds out.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      NO WE DON'T

That isn't their duty in the first place
      Traditionally the U.S. Army fulfilled the constabulary role. It could resume that position again. Of course the Border Patrol fulfills that role now, but wither we have to use the military or bring (and equip) up the BP to a paramilitary status ala the Italian Caribiniers (sp?). The latter would probably preferable in my opinion but Dem's would fight the BP's "militarization" tooth and nail. But then, they are of this moment the minority party (no pun intended)

Of course you can expect the prices on many things to go up or even cease to be available. But what the heck, we stopped the illegals didn't we. All that counts, right.
      One of the real problems for the working class for the last 10 years has been falling wages. Yes, an increase in wages will cause inflation, but a healthy economy requires a certain amount of inflation anyway (around 5% as I understand it).

Tuebor

Comment

As I always understood it, securing the borders against foreign intrusion is a duty of the military, not an optional or emergency function.

What is the controversy here?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Here it's a police duty.

But as stated, that's for each nation state to decide.
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            As I always understood it, securing the borders against foreign intrusion is a duty of the military, not an optional or emergency function.

What is the controversy here?
            that's what I thought....quite simple--yes?

Comment

I bet that "message" was received loud and clear...

Comment

Let's put our welfare queens on mandatory farm duty then we save money on obesity related health issues and also get cheaper fresh veggies

Comment

If we absolutely HAVE TO HAVE foreign workers (so we can buy things cheaper with our shrinking wages) then use work permits and visas as the law stipulates. Then they are temporary workers and not immigrants. No job no stay. No government benefits. If they enter legally and work legally I would then agree that they could deserve a place in line to legally apply for immigration and citizenship in accordance with our laws and policies.

And why are we not prosecuting the illegal employers who are also breaking the law?

If we need workers we can obtain them internally or through legal work visas there is absolutely no reason to allow uncontrolled entry and colonization.
                  "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                  Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

I owed an update to the initial post.
                    Both cars were detained on that day, the 12 migrants were riding in two cars. The confusion was caused by the official press release which mentioned two cars but went on to focus on the one on which shots were fired, without mentioning what happened to the second. There was no APB for a runaway car.

Comment

Putting them to work is called slavery, we can't have that.

Originally posted by nastle View Post
                      Let's put our welfare queens on mandatory farm duty then we save money on obesity related health issues and also get cheaper fresh veggies
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        Putting them to work is called slavery, we can't have that.
                        Ah man wrong century sorry

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I bet that "message" was received loud and clear...
                          I doubt it. Or maybe only at the land borders.
                          We have our own Merkel, she's Carmen Dan, the Interior Minister. On Sunday, after 90 migrants made it to the Romanian shore, she posted an emotional message on Facebook, saying all migrants will be treated humanely by the Romanian coast guard. Normal message I guess, but one that could have Merkel-like effects if those in the camps get wind of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
                            On Monday, at 3 a.m. local time, border guards set up a road block outside the village of Denta (near the border with Serbia), having intel about a "shipment" of migrants from Serbia toward Timisoara.

Two cars refused to stop and tried to drive through the road block. The border guards opened fire. One of the car was halted. Two Asian immigrants suffered gunshot wounds. The Serbian driver was detained along with 12 illegal immigrants. They will be charged with human smuggling and illegal border crossing. Its unclear at this point what happened to the second vehicle, I'll see if any other news pops up.
                            Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            Needs to happen more often.
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Working...
                            X