Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

German Election Sept 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Election Sept 2017

A month to go until the election on 24th September. Polling suggests things are looking fairly comfortable for Merkel, though she may be a few votes down on last time. The AFD, the anti-Islam party should get over 5% of the vote though and I recall this has some significance in terms of obtaining seats in the German Parliament, giving them more of a formal voice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opin...election,_2017
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Merkel looks like a comfortable win. The Left leaning SPD wanted even more open borders. The many other party's, to many to count, have no chance. AfD at 5% may get a few seats, just enough to be booed in Parliament. In general the German people are satisfied with the way things have been going with Merkel, except for her stance on Refugees'. The economy and unemployment have continued to improve if slowly. However increase in pensions have be all but have been all but non-existent for years. The inflation is well under control also.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The economy and unemployment have continued to improve if slowly.
      Aren't they by now beyond the point they have to dig up the unemployed ?

I know we are here.
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Merkel looks like a comfortable win. The Left leaning SPD wanted even more open borders. The many other party's, to many to count, have no chance. AfD at 5% may get a few seats, just enough to be booed in Parliament. In general the German people are satisfied with the way things have been going with Merkel, except for her stance on Refugees'. The economy and unemployment have continued to improve if slowly. However increase in pensions have be all but have been all but non-existent for years. The inflation is well under control also.
        She is doing a good job. I'm not a particularly big fan of German fiscal policy in how it impacts on the rest of the EU but for Germans she's delivered.
        The future State pension liability of most Western countries is a massive issue. Only the USA, as far as I know, has addressed it to any real extent. Therefore she's right not to increase them.
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          Aren't they by now beyond the point they have to dig up the unemployed ?

I know we are here.
          IF they would interrupt the professional unemployed they would have a couple k more but who would what to hire them. In the 15 years I worked for a German firm at least 25-30% were foreign born and that's 18 years ago. Like many other country's the youth don't want to go into the trade but into service jobs. Who is left to do the hard and dirty?

Comment

The AfD tries to include most of the right. The price of this is tolerating party leaders who at their worst denounce the Holocaust memorial.
            Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
            Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
            USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
              The AfD tries to include most of the right. The price of this is tolerating party leaders who at their worst denounce the Holocaust memorial.
              This joke is a good one. I think the AfD is more something in the middle of society fighting the new "Einheitspartei", made of CDU/CSU/SPD/Die Grünen/FDP, somehow all right wingers. But stay cool, it is only a different point of view.
              Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Chancellor Merkel is the most able political leader in Europe, maybe even the entire world. Germany is thriving under her stewardship. You have only to compare the shambolic antics of Donald Trump and the equally chaotic Theresa May in the UK to grasp how strong and principled she is. Prost, Frau Kanzlerin!
                "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Yes, the people in Germany love this wonderful Lady:

In between it should be like this or somehow similar on every Merkel-Event, like the news is saying.
                  Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
                    Chancellor Merkel is the most able political leader in Europe, maybe even the entire world. Germany is thriving under her stewardship.
                    Reported rapes in Bavaria up 48% compared to 2016; rapes committed by migrants/refugees/asylum seekers up 91%

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/kr...yern-1.3664325

Comment

Die Gründe für die Steigerung der Gesamtzahl seien zunächst unklar.

Comment

Dass versteht wohl kaum einer hier.

Dazu gibt's noch:

Damit lag der Gesamtanteil der Zuwanderer an allen sexuellen Vergehen bei 18 Prozent (2016: 14 Prozent).
                        Obwohl eine Steigerung von im etwa 25%, sieht dass aber nicht so spektakulär aus wie die Zahl von 91%.

Statistiken und politik, nah?
                        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Die Gründe für die Steigerung der Gesamtzahl seien zunächst unklar.
                          What do you think what will happen if the reason for all the pop up in crime general would be clear?
                          Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Still looking like a comfortable win for Merkel, though she will need coalition partners. The interest is all about third place as this could be the formal opposition, depending how Merkel structures her coalition. The Times has the AFD narrowly in third with 11%, which would be quite an upset.
                            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RXbfaeVpfc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X