Farage to resign - Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farage to resign - Again!

Nigel Farage has just said he will resign as UKIP leader - think he'll keep his word this time?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

I just read a report saying he's going to help with independence movements in the rest of the EU... would anyone seriously take up that offer?
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

He's welcome -

We have all sorts of "independence movements" here that are just dying for his skilled leadership and unparalleled charisma
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        I just read a report saying he's going to help with independence movements in the rest of the EU... would anyone seriously take up that offer?
        Nigel Farage Bolivar
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

You can scoff at the man all you want and the simple fact is he's the only politician I know who has started with a clear vision of what he wants and fought through from beginning to end to deliver it, he has been vilified by the media and rival politicians as a racist and a dim witted buffoon at various times and is generally despised among the eu fanatics in the EP.

He stuck to his guns and achieved his ,and what ultimately became ours, aims and forced upon out government an eu referendum that they really didn't want to do.

Now he is retiring from head of UKIP because as he said all along,he is not a professional politician and is not in it to further personal ambitions, he is now going to pick up his life from where he left some twenty years ago.

I say bravo Mr Farage.

We need more like him,not less.

Comment

Originally posted by flash View Post
            You can scoff at the man all you want
            Don't worry I will

Indeed - getting out of politics - the more the merrier

Comment

You can scoff at the man all you want and the simple fact is he's the only politician I know who has started with a clear vision of what he wants and fought through from beginning to end to deliver it, he has been vilified by the media and rival politicians as a racist and a dim witted buffoon at various times and is generally despised among the eu fanatics in the EP.

He stuck to his guns and achieved his ,and what ultimately became ours, aims and forced upon out government an eu referendum that they really didn't want to do.

Now he is retiring from head of UKIP because as he said all along,he is not a professional politician and is not in it to further personal ambitions, he is now going to pick up his life from where he left some twenty years ago.

I say bravo Mr Farage.

+1 for you.
              "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
              "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
              ó Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

You can scoff at the man all you want and the simple fact is he's the only politician [IN THE UK] I know who has started with a clear vision of what he wants and fought through from beginning to end to deliver it, (...)
                He wouldn't last a day here -

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                  Ultimately he is the reason we had a referendum

Comment

I say bravo Mr Farage.

Well at first they laughed , you know the rest .

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                      Ultimately he is the reason we had a referendum
                      I suspect his plan was to rise to power with UKIP though, a remain vote would have served that purpose better -

As it stands - if the Tories succeed in implementing a reasonably effective Brexit, UKIP has been made redundant.

If they don't, it's unlikely another opportunity like this will come along in his lifetime.

Either way since he's an EMP and not a British MP, he's effectively been side lined until the next election.

A victim of his own success in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        I suspect his plan was to rise to power with UKIP though, a remain vote would have served that purpose better -

As it stands - if the Tories succeed in implementing a reasonably effective Brexit, UKIP has been made redundant.

If they don't, it's unlikely another opportunity like this will come along in his lifetime.

Either way since he's an EMP and not a British MP, he's effectively been side lined until the next election.
                        As an EMP he will be out of a job in about two years anyway

Comment

That's another interesting point.

The British commissioner has offered his resignation and his responsibilities have been taken over, but British EMPs to my knowledge have not.

Jean-Claude Juncker, the commissionís president, announced that Valdis Dombrovskis, Latviaís EU commissioner and one of the institutionís vice-presidents, would take over Lord Hillís dossier. Every EU country appoints a commissioner, raising the question of who Britain will now send to Brussels, and what role they will be given.
                          Beyond the fate of officials and MEPs, there is also, by a quirk of timing, another problem ó Britain was supposed to take over the EUís rotating presidency in July 2017. This is now seen as a political impossibility, as it would put Britain at the helm of negotiations on draft EU laws.
                          http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c3a160fa-3...#axzz4DRVHBWoU
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 04 Jul 16, 07:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

A victim of his own success in many ways.
                            Well that was the whole point . To no longer be needed. UKIP was effectively a splinter of the Tory party who helped certain back bench Tories hold the front bench feet to the fire. Worked a treat.

Comment

That assumes that UKIP becoming the majority party was something to be prevented at all cost.

In hindsight it may have been the preferable option.

It would have had the advantage of clarity at any rate, now you'll be stuck with a Tory PM who'll effectively will have to implement a policy that's not supported by the majority in his own party.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X