Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Boris

Boris J is not standing for PM having been subtly knifed by Gove

Gove's wife's comment on the referendum was to quote the Italian Job "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    Boris J is not standing for PM having been subtly knifed by Gove

Gove's wife's comment on the referendum was to quote the Italian Job "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"
    Gove is an even more divisive figure than Boris, so I think that it's a shoe in for May.

Comment

Boris bails

Yep now he's sniffed the air the UK's supreme political opportunist has decided he does not want to be PM!

Like someone who's run, or at least helped run a bus into a ditch he's slipping away before the bobbies arrive.

Sheesh Now what?

Please tell me Iím in a Kafkaesque Twilight Zone episode!

Regards lodestar

Comment

Gove probably won't even make the cut.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
          Gove is an even more divisive figure than Boris, so I think that it's a shoe in for May.
          Is that a clever pun?
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Is that a clever pun?
            Beyond my subconscious, I'm afraid not!

Comment

Nothing so ruthless as the Tory party. That's been Labours failing , well one of them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                Nothing so ruthless as the Tory party. That's been Labours failing , well one of them anyway.
                Boris is all talk and no substance. Good on bluster and bombast but doesn't have the ability or work ethic to do the job.
                Cameron will be missed; there's nobody of his caliber in the wings.

The Labour party's mistake wasn't electing Corbyn, it was electing the wrong Miliband before him. How anyone thought that Ed would make a better leader than David is beyond me. The Trade Unions, not content to ruin just about every company they are involved in, decided to ruin their own political party as well.
                "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  Boris is all talk and no substance. Cameron will be missed; there's nobody of his caliber in the wings.

The Labour party's mistake wasn't electing Corbyn, it was electing the wrong Miliband before him. How anyone thought that Ed would make a better leader than David is beyond me. The Trade Unions, not content to ruin just about every company they are involved in, decided to ruin their own political party as well.
                  The Miliband leadership election became a Labour civil war between the Brownites and the Blairites. It ended up having nothing to do with the caliber of the candidate and came down to which side could win.

Corbyn has seemingly done the impossible of ending the Brown/Blair civil war by uniting both sides against him.

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                    The Miliband leadership election became a Labour civil war between the Brownites and the Blairites. It ended up having nothing to do with the caliber of the candidate and came down to which side could win.
                    The Union block swung the vote in favour of the more left wing candidate, the one who had no chance of winning an election.
                    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Boris is all talk and no substance. Good on bluster and bombast but doesn't have the ability or work ethic to do the job.

The unions and momentum are committed to taking the Labour Party back to its pre Blair years. I wouldn't be suprised if he hangs on. These people quitting is a badge of honour. They are cult who are still convinced that one day we will all wake up and want to be Marxists and that Hezbollah are just misunderstood.

Comment

Its rather as if MacBeth having done for Duncan suddenly finds himself quietly knifed by Banquo

Comment

The Union block swung the vote in favour of the more left wing candidate, the one who had no chance of winning an election.
                          The fact that he was seriously weird was probably a bigger bar to election winning

Comment

The fact that he was seriously weird was probably a bigger bar to election winning
                            More left wing, weird. Tomayto, Tomato.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                              More left wing, weird. Tomayto, Tomato.
                              Nope weird can be any political colour or none. Weird is just weird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X