Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion

    Poor George Soros

    The last paragraph makes me so sad.

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...se-127-billion

  • #2
    Originally posted by rkohut View Post
    The last paragraph makes me so sad.
    Me too, good find!

    No wonder they have the TV stations that they own all out there screaming bloody murder.

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        From the article
        the world’s 400 richest people lost $127.4 billion Friday .... The billionaires lost 3.2 percent of their total net worth,
        When $127 billion constitutes only 3.2% of the wealth of the 400 richest people, something is seriously wrong with the socio-economic system..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          From the article

          When $127 billion constitutes only 3.2% of the wealth of the 400 richest people, something is seriously wrong with the socio-economic system..
          Yes I agree. I should be part of that world order of 400.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

          Prayers.

          BoRG

          http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Yes I agree. I should be part of that world order of 400.
            Say goodbye to anyone else getting their hands on fermented fish..

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                From the article

                When $127 billion constitutes only 3.2% of the wealth of the 400 richest people, something is seriously wrong with the socio-economic system..
                In a world of 7 billion, the top 400 should be expected to have masses.

                I would say that a 3.2% dip reflects just a paper loss on the market.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Give it a couple of weeks , they'll have it back . Markets will rally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rkohut View Post
                    Poor George Soros

                    The last paragraph makes me so sad.

                    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...se-127-billion

                    George Soros, the billionaire who 'broke' the Bank of England, wins big from Brexit



                    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102481.html


                    Still laughing
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      George Soros shorted? You dont say.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                        George Soros shorted? You dont say.
                        Soros has been bearish for two weeks. He took a giant position in Gold.

                        In truth he is not as rich by "American ultra rich" standards like the media portrays. He is like Trump- a celebrity. Both are not in the top '20' rich. More like somewhere in the top 200.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Many opportunities to short have been out there for quite a while; it's really just up to ones' choice for making a guess on where the Brit electorate was going to fall. Or one could just sell early and avoid a lot of the whole tubload of waste.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                            Soros has been bearish for two weeks. He took a giant position in Gold.

                            In truth he is not as rich by "American ultra rich" standards like the media portrays. He is like Trump- a celebrity. Both are not in the top '20' rich. More like somewhere in the top 200.
                            He is #16. Next under reached comment.

                            http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list/#version:static
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's if you believe Forbe's magazine "estimates". You should check the quality of your sources..

                              He hasn't been managing money for a long time and he is from a much earlier era. HF space become much more diversified since then. He rides a lot from his reputation from the 1980s-1990s.

                              Soros is heavily covered for his political activities and much less on his influence in US finance. Bridgewater is today's 'Quantum' but it is in a much more diversified world.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X