Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EU: who else is eyeing the door, and to what degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EU: who else is eyeing the door, and to what degree?

The UK can't be the only one. Who else may spin the electoral wheel on the subject?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

The Dutch maybe genuine contenders.

Comment

There's a sizable anti-eu block in all countries, like in UK mostly the older voters. I doubt any of them are strong enough to even force a referendum at the moment, and in any case people want to see what happens to UK first...especially with Scots and Gibraltar.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

"The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...entrandom_1_na

"Passion has helped us; but can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defence." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Foreign ministers of the original 6 EU countries (Belgium, France, Netherlands, Italy, Luxembourg and Germany) met today in Berlin to discuss the response to Brexit. Judging from the statement made by Germany's foreign minister, it looks like they do not intend to allow a repeat of Brexit anywhere. The German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier told reporters "I am confident that these countries [the original six] can also send a message that we won't let anyone take Europe from us". An unfortunate turn of phrase which makes it clear where power actually resides in the EU and how the more powerful members of the union regard it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...SqV?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
            The Dutch maybe genuine contenders.
            I do not think so.
            There is an indeed vocal minority lead by Geert Wilders (of the infamous hair-do) but I consider the possibility of a Nexit, especially after the hang-over feeling that followed the Brexit, as very unlikely
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
              Foreign ministers of the original 6 EU countries (Belgium, France, Netherlands, Italy, Luxembourg and Germany) met today in Berlin to discuss the response to Brexit. Judging from the statement made by Germany's foreign minister, it looks like they do not intend to allow a repeat of Brexit anywhere. The German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier told reporters "I am confident that these countries [the original six] can also send a message that we won't let anyone take Europe from us". An unfortunate turn of phrase which makes it clear where power actually resides in the EU and how the more powerful members of the union regard it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...SqV?li=BBnb7Kz
              I would assume that the break will come when Germany, France or Italy decides to leave. I put them in that order, in terms of likelihood of leaving. Remember, it was Russia which left the Soviet Union. The UK's leaving first is a little different, since they were never completely in

Comment

Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                "The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...entrandom_1_na

"Passion has helped us; but can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defence." Abraham Lincoln
                Load of Bollocks!

Paul
                ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                All human ills he can subdue,
                Or with a bauble or medal
                Can win mans heart for you;
                And many a blessing know to stew
                To make a megloamaniac bright;
                Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                  I would assume that the break will come when Germany, France or Italy decides to leave. I put them in that order, in terms of likelihood of leaving. Remember, it was Russia which left the Soviet Union. The UK's leaving first is a little different, since they were never completely in
                  France, Germany or Italy leaving EU while main opponent to European integration is now out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                    Load of Bollocks!

Paul
                    Of course (Someone know what he's rantig about exactly ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                      Of course (Someone know what he's rantig about exactly ?)
                      At least I don't suck up to the lick-spittle of Brussels

With all my love to you all in Europe

Oh! And the article in that link is still bollocks!

Paul
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                        At least I don't suck up to the lick-spittle of Brussels

With all my love to you all in Europe

Oh! And the article in that link is still bollocks!

Paul
                        Fine, happy for you, have a nice day. (Do someone make sense of the above ?)

Comment

Greece may leave though then there economy will collapse. I don't see the EU complaining about that one.

But other than that no one. the EU offers them more than it takes
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                            Greece may leave though then there economy will collapse. I don't see the EU complaining about that one.

But other than that no one. the EU offers them more than it takes
                            Greek economy has collapsed for 10 years now. Part of resentment about EU is about how badly Greece was treated.

Comment

Spike in number of Britons asking about moving to Canada.

Google reports surge in U.K. searches for 'move to Canada,' 'move to Gibraltar'
                              http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/uk-e...nada-1.3651308

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X