Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of Muslims march for slain French police officers

Amen Brothers!

Several thousand members of the Muslim community marched on Sunday in memory of the police officer and his partner who were brutally murdered by an Islamist extremist last week.
    Jean-Baptiste Salvaing and his partner Jessica Schneider, a police official, were both stabbed to death at their home not far from Paris, by jihadist Larossi Abballa.

On Sunday members of the Muslim community in Mantes-La-Jolie, the town where both victims had worked, held a march on honour the murdered couple.

Wreaths were laid outside the police station before a minute’s silence was held. The marchers then applauded the memory of the two police officers who were slain.

“We are facing a crime, committed by a criminal who is neither religious nor intellectual, that is based on pure stupidity,” said Abdelaziz El Jaouhari, president of the local mosque.

“The politicians alone do not have the solutions, nor do the Muslim community, but together maybe we can find one to stop this vicious cycle,” he added.
    http://www.thelocal.fr/20160620/thou...ench-policeman
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Good news.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yep. Maybe we can turn this corner. I'd rather not have another religious war against humans...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        Yep. Maybe we can turn this corner. I'd rather not have another religious war against humans...
        I would think it take a lot of guts for these folks to publicly denounce these groups knowing they could be targeted.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          I would think it take a lot of guts for these folks to publicly denounce these groups knowing they could be targeted.
          I agree.

I have said several times that until 'mainstream' Islam stands up against its crazies, that they're complicit in their activities.

Now, I can finally say 'good'. Not a couple of titular leaders vacillating on television, but a large(ish) group of mainstream Muslims publicly showing their disapproval with their radical elements and expressing that they're tired of it.

This particular radical does not represent all Muslims......because the Muslims themselves decided not to LET him represent them to the world, and took action to show that they are above his sort of barbarity.

May it only continue from here.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Exactly the response required. The first I can recall in Europe and hopefully a sign the moderates are stepping up.
            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post

Exactly the response required. The first I can recall in Europe and hopefully a sign the moderates are stepping up.
              What about the Not in my name campaign?
              That took guts.
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

In my 'umble opinion, mainstream Muslims living in Western Europe, better start standing up to be counted... quicksharp.

The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  What about the Not in my name campaign?
                  That took guts.
                  A good thing, but when Muslims march in anger over Gaza and insults to the Prophet, it is good to see marches over Islam's atrocities.
                  Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Better : millions of Muslims do not march for slain French police officers .

Comment

And a single supposed Belgian , turns Belgium into Assholes Land.
                      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                        For the past few years I have posted many editorial pieces publish on Middle Eastern news sources writen by Muslims denouncing radicalized Islam and terrorist.

Comment

For the past few years I have posted many editorial pieces publish on Middle Eastern news sources writen by Muslims denouncing radicalized Islam and terrorist.
                          Obviously they don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            Millions of Belgians did not go on the White March protests therefore millions of Belgians support child abuse and institutional failures to arrest child abusers.
                            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X