Austria prefers Green to Brown shirts - just

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austria prefers Green to Brown shirts - just

Austrian presidency goes to former Green party candidate not the far right one - but only by a gnat's whisker. Have to see what happens next but is trhat country polarized!
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    Austrian presidency goes to former Green party candidate not the far right one - but only by a gnat's whisker. Have to see what happens next but is trhat country polarized!
    I would not call the FP a brown shirt party, anyway this kind of polarization is spreading all over Europe and the US.

Comment

The brittle bones of the system already start to shake. I think we live in a time where the there is a struggle not between left and right, but between the EU of the corporations and people who promote European co-operation on the base of independent nations. It is the old establishment formed by the children of 68 against the young people of today. Of course the establishment uses tactics like "Divide et impera" and thus tries to create struggles between their enemies. I have critic points in both the right and the left. The right is always near neo-liberalism, while the left proposes open border and multiculturalist madness. Austria has just proven that the old system is still victorious. The people have to free themselfes. But as they seem to choose to keep the current system they deserve the coming downfall.

Comment

You'd think the Austrians would've learned from one Far-Right politician.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
          I would not call the FP a brown shirt party,
          Well they did adopt the cornflower which was a brown shirt symbol
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by bierbaron View Post
            . But as they seem to choose to keep the current system they deserve the coming downfall.

Remind me what a certain Herrrr Hitler wanted for his people .
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              Well they did adopt the cornflower which was a brown shirt symbol
              I thought that was the old French royalty.

I would not call the FP a brown shirt party, anyway this kind of polarization is spreading all over Europe and the US.
              Hey, where have you been?
              Everyone to the right of Merkel is Hitler reincarnated!
              That's what the media tells you, and everything you see on the State-sponsored TV news HAS to be the truth, right?
              I mean ... correct?

Last edited by The Exorcist; 24 May 16, 00:03.

Comment

Ho,the jolly green giant!
                This was a fleur de lys ,not a cornflower

Comment

If this guy is Hitler then Bernie is Stalin. Hyperbola is the order of the day.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    If this guy is Hitler then Bernie is Stalin. Hyperbola is the order of the day.
                    I was talking about the last sentence of Herrrr Bierbaron.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                      You'd think the Austrians would've learned from one Far-Right politician.
                      You mean Schuschnigg or Dollfuss?

This is supposed to be a history forum lets not forget.

Comment

This polarisation in the US and the EU, is much more than a migrant phobia.
                        One one side you have the group, that arranged themselves with the establishment. A group that does not want to accept, that we are moving towards an Orwellian society. The more this group defends a failing political system with ever more blatant media lies, they more they become like the people, they accuse of fascism.

Comment

This polarisation in the US and the EU, is much more than a migrant phobia.
                          One one side you have the group, that arranged themselves with the establishment. A group that does not want to accept, that we are moving towards an Orwellian society. The more this group defends a failing political system with ever more blatant media lies, they more they become like the people, they accuse of fascism.
                          Spot on.

Comment

I still think Europe is heading right. The migrant crisis and it's second and third order effects still have a long way to run. An environment of economic stagnation and continued Islamic terrorism won't help.

Polarisation also seems likely. Multiculturalism is a child of the Left and won't be abandoned lightly. That force which has been so powerful the last few decades is going to be tested though.
                            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                              I still think Europe is heading right.
                              I'm not sure, this description would do justice of what is happening.
                              The category remains to be defined.

The migrant crisis and it's second and third order effects still have a long way to run. An environment of economic stagnation and continued Islamic terrorism won't help.
                              Your angle is incomplete.
                              And a blind eye to issues you neglected to mention.

Polarisation also seems likely.
                              If the elected further neglect the concerns of their constituencies, and keep catering to influential lobby groups.

Multiculturalism is a child of the Left and won't be abandoned lightly.
                              Did you have the DNA tested ?

That force which has been so powerful the last few decades is going to be tested though.
                              You believe this was not a tool for the greedy ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X