Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threat of Daesh attack in Stockholm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36138647
    Iraqi govt intel has indicated that a Daesh terrorist cell might be active and in place in Stockholm.

The alert level still at a 3 on the Swedish police 5 grade scale (nothing like near an imminent attack expected, but stay vigilant).

There is however a lot more visible police, not least patrol car activity, all around Stockholm. Local news indicate that "extra weapons resources" (automatic weapons) are now added to the standard equipment in police patrol cars.

Discussions about potential targets in near-time for a terrorist cell like that have pretty much come up with the Swedish king's 70th birthday (this weekend), or somewhat later in May — the Eurovision Song Contest finals in Stockholm.

My money is on the ESC. If I was an Islamist terrorist that's what I hit for maximum public impact, considered how it's near-globally televised etc., and we know that Daesh understands how Europe works and how to press buttons with it. The Swedish king by comparison is hardly even important in Sweden...

I wish them luck with the ESC. I find it a waste of time, sitting around watching " Hello, Rome" Hello Stockholm" Italy gives it vote to Screaming Minnie from out Slobivia.

Attack on your King is a direct attack on Sweden and your countrymen.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      I wish them luck with the ESC. I find it a waste of time, sitting around watching " Hello, Rome" Hello Stockholm" Italy gives it vote to Screaming Minnie from out Slobivia.

Attack on your King is a direct attack on Sweden and your countrymen.
      Yes, but it's not as if Sweden is important, or it will generate anything beyond commiserations even from the rest of the Europeans, who won't feel particularly troubled themselves by it.

Hit the ESC and it has the potential of making rather a lot more Europeans feel attacked. It's general gay-vibe doesn't make it less attractive a target for the fundies in question either. The symbolism involved is rather better.

Last year the ESC had 200 million viewers tuning in. The Swedish king's birthday shindig has perhaps 1% that level of attractiveness.

In practial terms, we're simply talking about turning on one or more congregations of people in Stockholm and indiscriminately killing them. The impact then depends on the framing, what the attack can be linked to. Swedish kings birthday, which will be televised but only in Sweden, or coinciding with the hundreds of millions taking a gander at what's on in Stockholm because of the ESC?

Comment

How are you going to do with your un-armed police forces ??
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
          How are you going to do with your un-armed police forces ??
          You're confusing us with someone else. Uniformed Swedish police is always armed.

There's potentially problematically few of them — and they have a seriously rubbish organisation (massive centralisation, awful implementation of "new public management" ideas making them spend time filling out spread-sheets of the completion of useless tasks in bulk rather than catching criminals of preventing crime) — but they certainly are all armed when on external duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
            You're confusing us with someone else. Uniformed Swedish police is always armed.

There's potentially problematically few of them — and they have a seriously rubbish organisation (massive centralisation, awful implementation of "new public management" ideas making them spend time filling out spread-sheets of the completion of useless tasks in bulk rather than catching criminals of preventing crime) — but they certainly are all armed when on external duty.
            ......This was humor...
            A little joke about the supposed un-efficient police forces from Northern Europe ,as seen by some guys here...
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
              Yes, but it's not as if Sweden is important, or it will generate anything beyond commiserations even from the rest of the Europeans, who won't feel particularly troubled themselves by it.

Hit the ESC and it has the potential of making rather a lot more Europeans feel attacked. It's general gay-vibe doesn't make it less attractive a target for the fundies in question either. The symbolism involved is rather better.

Last year the ESC had 200 million viewers tuning in. The Swedish king's birthday shindig has perhaps 1% that level of attractiveness.

In practial terms, we're simply talking about turning on one or more congregations of people in Stockholm and indiscriminately killing them. The impact then depends on the framing, what the attack can be linked to. Swedish kings birthday, which will be televised but only in Sweden, or coinciding with the hundreds of millions taking a gander at what's on in Stockholm because of the ESC?
              I have may own idea on how terrorist can best impact others but I'm sure as h not going to give them ideas that would for sure have more impact on a country.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Deploy the home gaurd. Or better yet send the long ships to raid and pillage Syria.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                  Berlin.1945
                  by casanova
                  The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                  Yesterday, 23:41
                • casanova
                  AW 169M
                  by casanova
                  The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                  Yesterday, 23:26
                • JBark
                  What changed?
                  by JBark
                  There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                  Yesterday, 18:54
                Working...
                X