UN court acquits Serb nationalist Seselj; Croatia shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN court acquits Serb nationalist Seselj; Croatia shocked

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — In a rare courtroom victory for a Serb defendant, a U.N. war crimes tribunal on Thursday acquitted ultranationalist politician Vojislav Seselj of atrocities and pronounced him a free man. The decision inflamed simmering tensions in the Balkans, sparking joy in Serbia and horror and deep anger in Bosnia and Croatia.

Prosecutors had charged Seselj, 61, with crimes including persecution, murder and torture and had demanded a 28-year sentence for his support of Serb paramilitaries during the region's bitter, bloody wars in the early 1990s.

But in a majority decision, the three-judge panel said there was insufficient evidence linking the politician himself to the crimes. A dissenting opinion shredded that logic, providing grist for possible future appeals.

"After so many proceedings in which innocent Serbs were given draconian punishments, this time two honest judges showed they valued honor more than political pressure," Seselj declared at a press conference at his Serbian Radical Party headquarters in Belgrade.
    AP Full Article

That animal was responsible for many deaths by inspiring his fellow animals on ground.

Anyway,we beat his idea,paramilitary,military in war and we beat them good and forever I hope.

Rumours that he is ill and that illness is in terminal stage,I hope he will suffer greatly to the end of his days and continue to suffer forever in hell for all casualties he inspired.

Butcher and animal.
    Hell is not big enough punishment for that mud emerge non human creature.

Well,his dreams of Greater... Something are dead but how will react those which lost their family, loved ones in fight against that evil.

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
    Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

This gave the taste of injustice to Bosnianks and Croats, the same bitter taste Serbs had to endure for years over the last decade and half.

U.N. war crimes tribunal process record is flawed. Entire peace and reconciliation process in Balkans is deeply flawed. And liberation of Seselj is just another example how wrong is Western approach to resolving ongoing issues in former Yugoslavia.

We (Serbs, but also Croats and Bosniaks) must continue to examine proper past, establish facts, admit proper guilt and prosecute crimes. We must name all the victims no matter the ethnicity, maintain the memory and respect for all the victims, we must draw a line under all that happened and educate future generations so that such crimes never happen again.

The level of denial I have seen while traveling through the Balkans is shocking and disgusting. It is always "the fault of the other", and it is almost comical how the rhetoric of local politicians is identical in all three ethnicities.

Serbs might share a larger part of responsibility for atrocities (certainly in numbers of casualties, without going into complex discussion how war started), but it is also important to note that Croat and Bosniak crimes are by all means and purposes justified by elements in West. And while current status is maintained, it will remain a frozen conflict in my opinion.
      It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
      Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post

The level of denial I have seen while traveling through the Balkans is shocking and disgusting. It is always "the fault of the other", and it is almost comical how the rhetoric of local politicians is identical in all three ethnicities.
        Having personally witnessed the aftermath of several atrocities during the war during my time there under UN/NATO mandates, I can say with full certainty that ALL sides were responsible for many heinous crimes and ALL have the blood of innocents on their hands. I've since also heard the ridiculous defense that "the others" have more blood on their hands than they do. It will take a very long time before any reconciliation occurs...if at all.

That said, it's my personal feeling that the final borders as established in ending the war, particularly this so-called "federation" will not last, and was never meant to last.
        You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
          That animal was responsible for many deaths by inspiring his fellow animals on ground.

Anyway,we beat his idea,paramilitary,military in war and we beat them good and forever I hope.

Rumours that he is ill and that illness is in terminal stage,I hope he will suffer greatly to the end of his days and continue to suffer forever in hell for all casualties he inspired.

Butcher and animal.
          Hell is not big enough punishment for that mud emerge non human creature.

Well,his dreams of Greater... Something are dead but how will react those which lost their family, loved ones in fight against that evil.

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
          So where are 700 000 serbs from Jasenovac? or 250 000 after "OLUJA" "Bljesak"? so it looks someone else had IDea t ocontinue NDH Nazi politics,and i dont thinkn Seselj is that one

Comment

Its good to see he got a fair trial.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Well,his dreams of expanding country come true but instead of expanding you can put word shrinking.

Poslano sa mog E6653 koristeći Tapatalk
              Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X