Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Myth of the Oppressed European Muslims"

Really interesting article.

It makes some startling points. For example, re. the claim that Muslims are violent "because they can't find work and can't succeed"--the article claims that almost all Belgian welfare goes to Muslims, with welfare checks worth 80% of normal income. This makes their lives of unemployment among the most comfortable in the world.

Second, even more startling claim: the article claims that many young Muslims who supposedly can't succeed in Europe, they made a religious decision to refuse work because working and paying taxes would mean supporting the hated infidel state. Why work if you can take their money, and drain them economically, or perhaps even fund an anti-European extremist movement? Double whammy against the hated infidel.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...ropean-muslim/
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 26 Mar 16, 05:26.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

You Never get tired of posting links from biased,partisans,politically oriented blogs ??
    I mean ,what's your goal?
    Spreading the doubt by using anti Europeans sites ?
    You hand not enough job with the continual attacks on the Russia forum?
    You're anticommie and now anti euro ?
    What is your gain?
    You cynical jester !
    Last edited by sebfrench76; 26 Mar 16, 05:58.
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

He is right : reality is that the European Muslims are not oppressed but pampered .

Comment

I don't care if he's right .
        That's not the prob.
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

How was it a myth? To me every one even the unemployed and harnderd criminals are pampered.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Sociological research by now actually has a pretty good handle on who the European Islamist terrorists are.

First of all, they don't come from religious backgrounds. Second, clearly Muslims in Europe aren't opressed, that's why a majority of them turned up in the first place — while it ain't actually easy (and some people experience shattering culture shocks), opportunities abound — it's just that some people always fail and screw up their lives, in every society and group within them.

It then so happens that young people who end up losers in society, if they have a Muslim cultural background (not actually being off the faith before), then radical Islam is a political project actively trawling for them, ready to recruit and channel whatever resentment and hate for western society there is.

There's no immediate cure. Be vigilant, take precaution, and try to just generally run society in such a fashion it doesn't generate unnecessarily more of these disgruntled potential recruits, while keeping tabs on the ones that crop up.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post

It makes some startling points. For example, re. the claim that Muslims are violent "because they can't find work and can't succeed"--the article claims that almost all Belgian welfare goes to Muslims, with welfare checks worth 80% of normal income. This makes their lives of unemployment among the most comfortable in the world.

Second, even more startling claim: the article claims that many young Muslims who supposedly can't succeed in Europe, they made a religious decision to refuse work because working and paying taxes would mean supporting the hated infidel state. Why work if you can take their money, and drain them economically, or perhaps even fund an anti-European extremist movement? Double whammy against the hated infidel.

So fresh from posting lies about and the photos of specific Belgians and then using those to slam the entire society you now post unsubstantiated claims about an entire group of people.

How about you do two things - back up the claims in that 'article' and also show why anyone should take anything you post seriously. Or perhaps you can just post more pictures from an atrocity and then attack the people in them.

No wonder this forum is in the state it is with people like you on it.
              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

"Multiculturalism: A narrative popularized by liberal pols and pundits is that the Belgian and French terrorists were mistreated and alienated by the native population, and that’s why they lashed out in violence. It’s a pernicious lie."

For the nth time, France does not use multiculturalism...

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                  Sociological research by now actually has a pretty good handle on who the European Islamist terrorists are.

First of all, they don't come from religious backgrounds. Second, clearly Muslims in Europe aren't opressed, that's why a majority of them turned up in the first place — while it ain't actually easy (and some people experience shattering culture shocks), opportunities abound — it's just that some people always fail and screw up their lives, in every society and group within them.

It then so happens that young people who end up losers in society, if they have a Muslim cultural background (not actually being off the faith before), then radical Islam is a political project actively trawling for them, ready to recruit and channel whatever resentment and hate for western society there is.

There's no immediate cure. Be vigilant, take precaution, and try to just generally run society in such a fashion it doesn't generate unnecessarily more of these disgruntled potential recruits, while keeping tabs on the ones that crop up.
                  No, surely you know that it's because they are moslems, moslems are on jihad, and because we pamper everyone and give free money and socialicommunism etc.
                  Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Metryll View Post
                    "Multiculturalism: A narrative popularized by liberal pols and pundits is that the Belgian and French terrorists were mistreated and alienated by the native population, and that’s why they lashed out in violence. It’s a pernicious lie."

For the nth time, France does not use multiculturalism...
                    Then would this strengthen the point that supposed mistreatment and alienation by native population is itself a lie.....or in the least a very large overstatement?

As I see it, your rebuttal lays the blame for failure to assimilate into host society squarely on the shoulders of the immigrants....damned what the state may have done or tried to do for them.

So it begs the question...what are they being taught at home? There is something here that doesn't add up: violent jihadists aren't finding all these young useful idiot everywhere in the streets....and they can't find them all on the internet. Someone is teaching them at home, perhaps siblings or even worse, their parents.

There is something about the terrorist movement which strikes much, much closer to home than most would care to suggest.
                    Last edited by asterix; 26 Mar 16, 11:18.
                    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                      Then would this not strengthen the point that supposed mistreatment and alienation by native population is itself a lie.....or in the least a very large overstatement?

As I see it, your rebuttal lays the blame for failure to assimilate into host society squarely on the shoulders of the immigrants....damned what the state may have done or tried to do for them.

So it begs the question...what are they being taught at home? There is something here that doesn't add up: violent jihadists aren't finding all these young useful idiot everywhere in the streets....and they can't find them all on the internet. Someone is teaching them at home, perhaps siblings or even worse, their parents.

There is something about the terrorist movement which strikes much, much closer to home than most would care to suggest.
                      The way young people work — Muslims included — is that they learn from each other, which can be a VERY dangerous thing. ESPECIALLY in the immigrant communities where it's often the kids that speak the lingo of the new country best, reducing father-and-or-traditional-authority-figures to a bunch of know-nothing sad-sacks that the kids have to look out for...

Comment

Saying that Islam plays no part in the recent terrorism in Europe is like saying Catholicism played no part in the IRA or that Marxism played no part in the communist bombings of days gone by. Religion is one of the fundamental elements of culture and I would call Marxism more of a religion than a political science. In the U.S. we had the Weatherman group in the 60s and they certainly didn't come from an oppressed minority.

There was a dream that was especially strong in Europe that a kinder gentler economic system would alleviate social tension but unfortunately it was short sighted. In the U.S. state welfare has produced generations of broken families that have turned the inner cities into war zones. It's time for Liberals to admit they never really understood social dynamics.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                          You Never get tired of posting links from biased,partisans,politically oriented blogs ??
                          I mean ,what's your goal?
                          Spreading the doubt by using anti Europeans sites ?
                          You hand not enough job with the continual attacks on the Russia forum?
                          You're anticommie and now anti euro ?
                          What is your gain?
                          You cynical jester !
                          If you don't have a constructive comment on a newspaper article then please don't comment on my threads and just stay away from my threads.

We will not be suppressing opinions on this forum to suit your personal agenda.

You are not interested in opinions, you are using this thread to attack me personally by digging out dirt from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                            So fresh from posting lies about and the photos of specific Belgians and then using those to slam the entire society you now post unsubstantiated claims about an entire group of people.

How about you do two things - back up the claims in that 'article' and also show why anyone should take anything you post seriously. Or perhaps you can just post more pictures from an atrocity and then attack the people in them.

No wonder this forum is in the state it is with people like you on it.
                            Just to repeat what I told your French colleague, we will not be suppressing and try to gag members of this forum just because you dislike them personally. Your likes and dislikes are irrelevant to members of this forum as long as we follow forum rules.

Yes, I have a reputation for throwing manure at Russian members of this forum. That was in the past and served my ban sentence for six months.

If you don't like my threads stay way and don't comment. I didn't invite you.

Comment

Just to repeat what I told your French colleague, we will not be suppressing and try to gag members of this forum just because you dislike them personally. Your likes and dislikes are irrelevant to members of this forum as long as we follow forum rules.

Yes, I have a reputation for throwing manure at Russian members of this forum. That was in the past and served my ban sentence for six months.

If you don't like my threads stay way and don't comment. I didn't invite you.
                              Amusing that you equate being asked to back up the accuracy of the drivel you post as gagging or suppressing opinions. You also might want to check but I did not mention your previous antics with Russian forum members.

So how about backing up the claims of the 'article' or is that too much effort for you?
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X