Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed integration : Antwerp mayor accuses Merkel of " epochal error "

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Failed integration : Antwerp mayor accuses Merkel of " epochal error "

    When integrating Muslim youth Belgium has failed , says Bart De Wever , mayor of Antwerp , in a SPIEGEL interview . Given go the refugee policy of Chancellor Merkel in the wrong direction .
    The leader of the New Flemish Alliance ( N - VA ) , the strongest political force in Belgium , Bart De Wever has acknowledged shortcomings in the integration of Muslim youth in his country . " We were not able to offer them a Flemish version of the American dream ," De Wever told SPIEGEL . " That is our problem . " ( Read the full story in new SPIEGEL . )
    Was there any effort, to integrate, or where they just warehoused, to enrich a cheap Labor market ?

  • #2
    Link

    Here is the link, just to prevent Snowy, from getting too exited:

    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1084130.html

    Comment


    • #3
      I happen to value Snowies contributions to this forum. Seems like a good egg. I don't agree with him all the time but he's been a gent the entire time he's been with us...
      Credo quia absurdum.


      Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Konzev View Post
        Was there any effort, to integrate, or where they just warehoused, to enrich a cheap Labor market ?

        De Wever is wrong :

        There is no need in Belgium for an American dream,as Belgium is not America .

        I had no American dream and I did not murder 30 people .


        The Muslims have been given all chances,more than we had, they have been pampered and they spoiled it . And now they are blaming us .

        They were not warehoused to enrich a cheap Labor market, because they do not work, they live at our costs and whine and blame us .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          I happen to value Snowies contributions to this forum. Seems like a good egg. I don't agree with him all the time but he's been a gent the entire time he's been with us...
          Yes, I love you too

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            Here is the link, just to prevent Snowy, from getting too exited:

            http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1084130.html
            Thank you, exactitude is so important in reasonable debate.

            No surprises there -

            De Wever is the leader of the main Flemish separatist party, he has been saying for years the federal state of Belgium(and its associated PS) is the source of many, if not all, evils and coupled that with a strong "law and order "discourse.

            It's to be expected he'll repeat that line of reasoning now.

            And to be fair - at first glance his city appears to be better run than Brussels is.

            He's an historian btw - a very good debater too.
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 30 Mar 16, 09:01.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

            Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ljadw View Post
              The Muslims have been given all chances,more than we had,
              ...? Do elaborate.
              Wisdom is personal

              Comment


              • #8
                The key problem here is that Belgium got refugees, not immigrants.

                This is a key difference, as police officers quickly come to learn.

                Immigrants are people who come to your country with the intention of establishing a new life. They learn the local language, adapt to the local ways, and generally are hard-working, ambitious, and law-abiding. They do tend to prefer to live near others of the same group, but it is for comfort and support.

                Refugees were perfectly happy in the old country, but had to flee because of internal or external troubles. They did not want to leave, and they do not want to be where they are. They quickly form an undigested lump in a urban setting, hostile towards the host nation, mores, and customs, and directing their anger and sense of loss towards the host nation, perceiving every difference as a slight. They reject the host nation, and are quick to see slights in cultural or legal differences between their ways and the host nation's.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                  Here is the link, just to prevent Snowy, from getting too exited:

                  http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1084130.html
                  Snow is a decent sort. No intellectual powerhouse, and the less said about his personal habits the better, but an all around nice guy nonetheless.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    No intellectual powerhouse,
                    Could you clarify a bit ,if you please Mr Rimmer, cause i'd really like to know your definition of someone intellectually sufficient , cause i tidy Snowygerry up in this compartiment.??
                    If he has for you, an undersized cortex , then we have a major problem with lotta members here , me included..
                    That rug really tied the room together

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      The key problem here is that Belgium got refugees, not immigrants.

                      This is a key difference, as police officers quickly come to learn.

                      Immigrants are people who come to your country with the intention of establishing a new life. They learn the local language, adapt to the local ways, and generally are hard-working, ambitious, and law-abiding. They do tend to prefer to live near others of the same group, but it is for comfort and support.

                      Refugees were perfectly happy in the old country, but had to flee because of internal or external troubles. They did not want to leave, and they do not want to be where they are. They quickly form an undigested lump in a urban setting, hostile towards the host nation, mores, and customs, and directing their anger and sense of loss towards the host nation, perceiving every difference as a slight. They reject the host nation, and are quick to see slights in cultural or legal differences between their ways and the host nation's.
                      Those who come to Europe have NOT to flee their country because of internal /external troubles;the main reason they come here is to profit from social security in Europe : to make more money by doing nothing in Europe than to earn by working in their own country .

                      There is also a second reason : they come here as invaders to colonize those they despise as infidels .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Karri View Post
                        ...? Do elaborate.
                        The moment they arrive here, they receive everything for free, without having worked even one day ,while we can only enjoy social security if we are working / have worked .

                        Countless old peeple who have worked and built this country have a pension that is lower than the benefits the immigrants are receiving .

                        Till september of last year, I paid every month an advance of 64 euro for my electricity, now I will have to pay every month 99 euro, while the immigrants pay nothing .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                          Was there any effort, to integrate, or where they just warehoused, to enrich a cheap Labor market ?
                          What did Mr De Wever try to do about the "problem"? Sure, he took the easy road by throwing all the blame on Ms Merkel, but I am curious as to what he did.

                          Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                          Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                          by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            What did Mr De Wever try to do about the "problem"? Sure, he took the easy road by throwing all the blame on Ms Merkel, but I am curious as to what he did.

                            Pruitt
                            What kind of influence does he has ? Perhaps he needs the votes of the constituency to voice their frustrations. And perhaps he has to feel the heat and possibilities before he resorts to action. I do not know much about suburban Belgian bylaws. So I don't know about his justification to lay blame. I was hoping other forum members could shed some light to this situation, that's why I posted "Der Spiegel online" quote.
                            No need to get all exited about me as the messenger.
                            And why do you believe that he "took the easy road" ?
                            So, please elaborate.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Instead of trying to do something in the area under his control, he blames Belgium's problems on the German leader. I imagine there has been a lot of "Hun Bashing" in Belgium over the years. This is pretty common over the world. The US blames Mexico for a lot of problems, Mexico blames the "Colossus to the North".

                              Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                              Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                              by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X