Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimes of the Century

Just Kidding.
    A hungry barkeeper who stopped for a bite to eat at a kebab stand has been fined for burping too loudly.
    Police who heard the man burping near the Praterstern area of the Austrian capital Vienna told him it was a breach of the peace and slapped him with a €70 fine.

The incident went viral in Austria when Edin Mehic posted a copy of the police report of the incident on his Facebook page, saying: "I know in these times police are very present on the streets to tackle crime but surely tackling a burper is a bit too much.

"It was a Sunday and I was enjoying a walk in the park, and I suddenly felt hungry. I ordered one the way I like it, spicy with a lot of onion."

He said he had been shocked when he felt a policeman's arm on his shoulder after the burp and even more surprised when he ended up with the fine. He said: "I didn't even know he was there until I felt his arm on my shoulder."

http://www.thelocal.at/20160224/vien...-for-loud-burp

A man has been arrested after he shot his two goats because he was worried about them eating a neighbor’s bonsai tree.

The 55-year-old from Burgenland in eastern Austria had two goats in his garden but they were always escaping into the neighbour’s plot, who warned him after buying two new bonsai trees that if they were eaten, the goat owner would have to pay the bill.

Bonsai trees take years to be grown with the most expensive ever selling for $1.3 million, and some specimens living for hundreds of years. As a result, when the goat owner realized how much it might cost him, rather than repair his fence he decided to get rid of the goats.

And instead of taking them to the slaughterhouse, he decided to do the job himself using a pistol which he owned legally. He managed to kill the female goat but when he shot the male, hitting it four times, it ran off into the neighbor’s garden bleating loudly as it went.

The cries of the injured goat and the shots prompted the neighbour to call police, who when they arrived found the badly-hurt animal rampaging around the garden and trying to flee.

http://www.thelocal.at/20160223/man-...nsai-tree-bill

A Romanian criminal who was released from jail went straight to the nearest house to rob it so he could afford to pay for a trip back home and a party with pals.

The 55-year-old man, who was not named, broke into the house of a 74-year-old woman in Lower Austria, stealing gold and jewellery worth over €20,000.

But he ended up leaving DNA evidence at the scene of the crime in the town of Payerbach in Neunkirchen, and local police then issued an arrest warrant.

He was found and arrested in Romania two days later and has been awaiting extradition back to Austria to face trial for burglary.

He had originally been jailed for ten burglaries, including two robberies in which homeowners had been tortured for their belongings. He would reportedly tie up and abuse his victims in order to persuade them to part with their valuables.

http://www.thelocal.at/20160225/roma...trip-back-home
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X