Jesse Holms, 'I want everyone to have guns'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Holms, 'I want everyone to have guns'

Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes said on the eve of the band's return to Paris that until "no one has guns then everyone should have them."

Hughes, a long-time advocate for people to have free access to guns, told French TV channel I-Tele that his view have not changed since three jihadists killed 90 of the bands fans at their concert in November.

"Did French gun control stop a single f----- person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I'd like to hear it, because I don't think so.

"The only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men I have ever seen charging head-first into the face of death with their guns," said the singer.

"I know people will disagree, but it seems like God made men and women and that night guns made them equal," said Hughes, a member of the National Rifle Association and supporter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160216/eagl...access-to-guns
    Last edited by Urban hermit; 18 Feb 16, 20:51.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

So Hughes, from the Eagles of Death Metal band said that.

BMFD

John Lennon, from a better know band said give peace a chance. We haven't tried that either.

Do you really find it important that some hardly known entertainer has an opinion that you can support? Their opinions are not worth more than your's
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You're either missing the point or being intentionally obtuse. Nobody is giving what he said value because he's an extremely minor music celebrity, they're giving it value because he survived the attack. John Lennon is irrelevant because this isn't about musical fame. It would be no different if this were any survivor of the attacks, band or no.

And don't get me started on Lennon. For all his peace and love talk the guy was a scumbag.
      Last edited by frisco17; 19 Feb 16, 07:21.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
        You're either missing the point of being intentionally obtuse.
        But why does he say "I want everybody to have guns." and not

"I want to carry a gun when next time I'm performing in France.." for instance -

If *everybody* has a gun - chances of him and his fans being shot at a random concert will increase dramatically ...

We have some 700 potential terrorists in Belgium who all or some may want to kill Jesse Holmes, it's just that they can't with their bare hands - does he really want them all to have guns ?

Incidentally - a revolving iron gate at the door could have prevented that attack, as it did at the football stadium, but I suspect he's not a member of the National Revolving Gate Association is he ?
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 19 Feb 16, 07:26.
        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          But why does he say "I want everybody to have guns." and not

"I want to carry a gun when I'm performing in France.." for instance -
          I don't know why he chose those exact words. Ask him.

If *everybody* has a gun - chances of him and his fans being shot at a random concert will increase dramatically ...

We have some 700 potential terrorists in Belgium who all or some may want to kill Jesse Holmes - does he really want them all to have guns ?
          Oh I suspect it's a lot more than that. Those are just the ones you know about. Either way that leaves you 11,000,000 plus Belgians who aren't terrorists. Even if everyone does have a gun I like those odds.

Though of you ask me you have over 600,000 potential terrorists.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

I don't know why he chose those exact words. Ask him.
            Well I suspect I do know.

It's because in the US "I want to have a gun" is consistently and deliberately confused with "Everybody must have the right to buy as many legal guns as he sees fit."

That's to the advantage of the gun salesmen, not to the advantage of the individual gun owner.

Enter the NRA.

Oh I suspect it's a lot more than that. Those are just the ones you know about. Either way that leaves you 11,000,000 plus Belgians who aren't terrorists. Even if everyone does have a gun I like those odds.

Though if you ask me you have over 600,000 potential terrorists.
            11 million who might want to kill Jesse Holmes and his fans, but only 700 are realistically estimated to be crazy enough to try
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 19 Feb 16, 07:47.

Comment

Well I suspect I do know.

It's because in the US "I want to have a gun" is consistently and deliberately confused with "Everybody must have the right to buy as many legal guns as he sees fit."

That's to the advantage of the gun salesmen, not to the advantage of the individual gun owner.

Enter the NRA.
              The reason for that is the same reason that we deliberately combine "I want to be able to say anything I want." with "Everyone should be able to say whatever they want." Trying to limit a right to just some people is dangerous and ripe for abuse. Who gets to decide who the right people are? Who's to say that they won't decide that I'm the wrong person at some later date. It's the old Holocaust saying that when they came for everyone else I said nothing because it didn't affect me but when they came for me there was no one left to do anything about it.

Proliferating guns as much as possible is also a deliberate anti-gun control tactic in that it is designed to make such laws unenforceable and worthless. If there are more guns in this country that their are people then what chance to they have to take them? They'd never come close to finding them all and that's assuming that millions of those guns rent used to resist. It takes the power out of the hands of the lawmakers and puts it in the hands of the armed populace. Just as intended.

Comment

Btw is it Jesse Hughes or Jesse Holmes ?

Comment

The reason for that is the same reason that we deliberately combine "I want to be able to say anything I want." with "Everyone should be able to say whatever they want." Trying to limit a right to just some people is dangerous and ripe for abuse. [B]Who gets to decide who the right people are? Who's to say that they won't decide that I'm the wrong person at some later date. It's the old Holocaust saying that when they came for everyone else I said nothing because it didn't affect me but when they came for me there was no one left to do anything about it.

Proliferating guns as much as possible is also a deliberate anti-gun control tactic in that it is designed to make such laws unenforceable and worthless. If there are more guns in this country that their are people then what chance to they have to take them? They'd never come close to finding them all and that's assuming that millions of those guns rent used to resist. It takes the power out of the hands of the lawmakers and puts it in the hands of the armed populace. Just as intended.
                  Yes well that's liberalism isn't it ?

I want nothing of it - if you can't set yourself above "everyone else" in matters of life and death, you won't amount to anything much either way, gun or no gun, just a matter of tactics and strategy -

That's just my opinion - obviously.

If every one has a gun it's still the quickest draw that wins, or the biggest gun or the smartest use of it..

Despite the best efforts of Samuel Colt people are nowhere near equal when it matters

Comment

You haven't been to a lot of concerts in the USA, have you?
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

We have some 700 potential terrorists in Belgium who all or some may want to kill Jesse Holmes, it's just that they can't with their bare hands - does he really want them all to have guns ?
                      2 wrong arguments :

1)Having a gun does not transform a law abiding citizen in a criminal :there is not such a thing as thousands of people who want to kill Holmes, but are prevented to do it because they have no fireweapon .

2)No : someone who wants to kill Holmes does not need a fireweapon, he will use a knife ;the same as someone who wants to kill his mother-in-law : if he has no fireweapon,he will use something else,and if he has a fireweapon,there is a big chance that he will use something else,because the chances of getting caught are greater if one uses a fireweapon than if one uses a knife .

And most important point : if one bans the sale of fireweapons, one will punish the law abiding citizen who will remain powerless against criminals,because criminals always will be able to get fireweapons .

You will have the following situation : police ,who will be prevented to use fireweapons against criminals who will use their fireweapons at will ,and the victims will be the law abiding citizens .

The law abiding citizens need guns to defend themselves against criminals,because police is no longer able to do it .

Comment

What happens when a gunman opens fire in a crowded place and everyone pulls out their gun? That's like ideal for assassination, no one would know who the shooter was.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Btw is it Jesse Hughes or Jesse Holmes ?
                          You are correct. I tried to fix it.
                          If you read the article he states very clearly that nobody could stop the gunmen until brave men with guns did. Words and well wishes are useless against evil.
                          He also said that until nobody has guns, everyone should have them.
                          So, you don't have to agree with him, but I would think his experience would care a little more credence than someone who has never been in his situation.
                          Therory is great when it isn't tested.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                            What happens when a gunman opens fire in a crowded place and everyone pulls out their gun? That's like ideal for assassination, no one would know who the shooter was.
                            Well, in first world states you have these people called investigators who are trained to research such matters.

It generally works out.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Hugues is well known for being an ardent pro-gun.(beside a pro-Jesus,a pro-Trump and an anti-abortion .He is not the usual "leftie-junkie-boozed-artist" )
                              So the Bataclan tragedy is Godsend for him : he was there ,he saw everything ,he can back up his theory on the history he just lived.
                              A question : are guns allowed during a show in the USA ?

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X