Most Annoying Celebs - Bono 33rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Annoying Celebs - Bono 33rd

Admittedly 33rd place allows for 32 more irritating ones but he would make my top 10.

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-annoy.../bono-2242.asp

For me, his pro-migrant rhetoric then trying to turn Paris events to his advantage was typical of the man.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...refugee-crisis
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

South Park got Bono right.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Who cares about Bono ?
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
        Who ?
        Fixed that for you.

Comment

Another washed-up musician who's made a second career out of being a poverty *****...
          Last edited by Skoblin; 16 Feb 16, 11:06.

Comment

What I get a laugh at with Bono is the manner in which he flies around the world in his multi dollar aircraft and then gives every body ####nfor not giving the pay checks to the poverty fund.....A typical so called "star"hypocrite...Another washed up rocker.....

Comment

I always remember him getting confused about Bush because he did all the Iraq stuff then put billions into Bonos AIDS initiative . It didn't compute for him. Bless liberals with their black and white view of the world

Comment

I have told this tale before, nut will do so again for the benfit of this thread...

My wife used to be a Chef...a real one, from a very prestigious New Zealand Hotel at Waitangi.

She was "doing" breakfast one morning. Bono came down from his suite to eat, glasses stuck to his face, as usual. A Maori friend of my wife's, looking at this aparition, said, very loudly..."Whos the DICK wearing his glasses to breakfast?"

Arlene had to pull her aside and make explanations that "This was Bono's "thing"
                "The waitress scowled..."I don't care much about his 'thing'....he's still a dick!"
                Bono cracked a very large smile, and even gave Arlene a compliment for a well cooked and tasty breakfast.

I have always thought that U2 were very much an ordinary set of musicians. Very Beatles like, without any of the collective songwriting and music ability of the Fab Four.

At least the Gallaghers used to write stuff that would stick in your head...U2 and Bono? No such thing...

"Desire...ire...ire...ire...errrrrr...yeah."

I have often thought the same as the poster above. If African charity was so important to bono and U2, why not give away large amounts of your own cash, leaving only just enough for your retirement?

Hypocrits.
                Last edited by Drusus Nero; 18 Feb 16, 01:25.
                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Celebrities are generally equally annoying. It would be hard for me to say who is the most obtuse and vapid. They seem to think that because they can entertain through song or movies, that we actually think they have anything important to say on political issues.

If I want anything even remotely close to the actual universe of cognitive thought on important issues, I am not asking the likes of Bono, DiCaprio, Clooney or any other fake plastic phoney in Hollywood.

RR

Comment

Well, I like U2, but I am not a big Bono fan. I remember when the band invited BB King to go deep sea fishing with them and just so happened to get him to help write and record "When Love Comes To Town"! I love that song!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyReptile View Post
                      Celebrities are generally equally annoying. It would be hard for me to say who is the most obtuse and vapid. They seem to think that because they can entertain through song or movies, that we actually think they have anything important to say on political issues.

If I want anything even remotely close to the actual universe of cognitive thought on important issues, I am not asking the likes of Bono, DiCaprio, Clooney or any other fake plastic phoney in Hollywood.

RR
                      Their voice are listen by huge amount of people (depending of popularity level)

They can be annoying but far from politician's annoyance level.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
                      Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Like him or not (i don't give a rat's ass to him) , he's a guy who tends to do what's right rather than what's wrong.
                        He surely owns a head bigger than a watermelon , but who cares if he works for the interest of all mankind ?
                        Where's Justin Bieber on the list ?
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                          Like him or not (i don't give a rat's ass to him) , he's a guy who tends to do what's right rather than what's wrong.
                          He surely owns a head bigger than a watermelon , but who cares if he works for the interest of all mankind ?
                          Where's Justin Bieber on the list ?
                          At the time of Band Aid I did have respect for him and Bob Gheldoff. What has changed in recent times is those Third World poor we all gave money to help have moved in large numbers to live in the West. This itself is a decisive issue we don't need to go into here but suffice to say there has been an impact from this process that is not wholly positive, especially for poor working class communities that took the migrants. The Bono's and Clooney's don't see this or simply arn't interested. They get a lot of airtime but essentially are just spouting a simplistic multicultural left line that not everyone is signed up to.
                          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

I'm not a big fan of him but he knows his stuff when it comes to the problems of the developing world. The organisation One which he co-founded is advocating for political reform, fair trade and fighting corruption. It doesn't place the blame for Africa's problems on the West alone and doesn't advocate for a simplistic "give them money and it'll be fine" type approach.
                            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

There are so many. Wouldn't it be easier to name those that are not annoying?

Hillary

Donald

Palin

Alex

and, and, and

Di Capprio
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X