Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles of death metal back in Paris.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eagles of death metal back in Paris.

    A symbol.
    Like them or not ,but for the victims who survived this infamous day ,this will be like a therapy .They are all invited at the Olympia btw.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-show-36961136

    And a good sign to the terrorists : You thought you were going to stop us to listen to music ?
    That rug really tied the room together

  • #2
    Yes, very positive symbolically. Well done to the band, can't be easy.

    I saw that tube Bono try and cash in a while back by hooking up with the band. Hopefully he stays far away and doesn't try to steal the limelight.
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
      Yes, very positive symbolically. Well done to the band, can't be easy.

      I saw that tube Bono try and cash in a while back by hooking up with the band. Hopefully he stays far away and doesn't try to steal the limelight.
      Eagles Of Death Metal have thanked U2 frontman Bono for his help

      It was previously revealed that Bono bought the band new phones to replace the ones they lost in the attacks, with frontman Jesse Hughes now detailing the extent of Bono's help.

      "Bono knows that I'm a Christian and he also knows I'm a mama's boy," Hughes told Rolling Stone. "The very next day [after the attack], a courier came with a phone that had a note that said, 'This is from Bono. Make sure you call your mom.' I thought that was awesome. It was the first time that I really got to talk to my mom without being in a police station and that meant the whole world to me at that moment."

      Hughes continued: "Bono called because I needed advice. I felt like the best person to ask for advice on how to deal with this is someone who’s rubbed elbows with world leaders. And he just prayed with me on the phone. He kept my head off of things and then U2 visited the memorial site and delivered lyrics of ours that he thought were appropriate. And that particularly was important to me because I really wanted to be out there.
      http://www.nme.com/news/eagles-of-death-metal/90486

      He did not try and cash in, he offered help and support which has by the band's own account been gratefully received. I know, I know who needs facts.

      Thanks for the posting Seb. A very positive symbolic moment, hopefully it will also prove of some comfort to the survivors.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

      "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sergio View Post
        http://www.nme.com/news/eagles-of-death-metal/90486

        He did not try and cash in, he offered help and support which has by the band's own account been gratefully received. I know, I know who needs facts.

        Thanks for the posting Seb. A very positive symbolic moment, hopefully it will also prove of some comfort to the survivors.
        Not my fault you have all his albums and a poster on your bedroom wall is it? What were band supposed to do, tell him to fook off?

        The guy can't resist trying to hog the limelight. As a hardcore Islamo-left he should have been issuing a public apology for his views, not ghoulishly trying to profit and raise his profile.
        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          Not my fault you have all his albums and a poster on your bedroom wall is it? What were band supposed to do, tell him to fook off?

          The guy can't resist trying to hog the limelight. As a hardcore Islamo-left he should have been issuing a public apology for his views, not ghoulishly trying to profit and raise his profile.
          Most people would have just said thanks for the extra info I had not realised that. There is no need for you to throw another tantrum. As for a hardcore Islamo-leftist - you do live in a very special little world do n't you. How on earth is he a part of this 'Islamo-left'? Is everyone except you and Trump a part of this leftist Islamic alliance?

          Given that this thread is about the band and the gig we could always discuss it elsewhere. Or not as is likely. Anyways moving on and you are welcome.
          Last edited by Sergio; 16 Feb 16, 03:18.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

          "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

          Comment


          • #6
            Look, let's just say if this gig goes down and Bono does not show his face, he will have gone up in my estimation a little bit.
            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
              Look, let's just say if this gig goes down and Bono does not show his face, he will have gone up in my estimation a little bit.
              How is he a hardcore member of the Islamo-left? What criteria does he meet?
              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
              G.B Shaw

              "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

              Comment


              • #8
                Jesse Hughes the lead singer talked about running away from the shootout

                ""The moment (the killing) was happening, as I was running for my life down the alleyway, a guy was next to me and he was having trouble walking. I could see he was bleeding heavily from his side and I still don't know what happened to him.

                "He sucked in a breath and he said: 'Your last show was a lot better'."

                Hughes let out a loud throaty laugh, letting his box of 200 Camel cigarettes drop to the floor, only for the tears once again to appear in his eyes.

                'So incredibly brave'

                "That is so incredibly brave," he said, "to make a joke, to keep it light... They were facing death and their mind was on lightening the mood.

                That is the example I am going to endeavour to follow (at the gig)... It is going to be regular rock show.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X