Sweden's top military leader says war is a real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweden's top military leader says war is a real possibility

Sweden could be at war in just a few years, a top military officer has claimed in an internal document sent to soldiers and Swedish Armed Forces staff and seen by Swedish media.
    Sweden's Major General Anders Brännström made the comments in a brochure for representatives attending an annual Armed Forces conference in Boden next week.

"The global situation we are experiencing and which is also made clear by the strategic decision leads to the conclusion that we could be at war within a few years. For us in the army we have to, with all force we can muster, implement the political decisions," he wrote, reported the Expressen tabloid.

http://www.thelocal.se/20160126/swed...in-a-few-years
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

One way to get more funding

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
      One way to get more funding
      Or, be prepared because Russia just carried out a practice run!
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        Or, be prepared because Russia just carried out a practice run!
        I'd imagine they do that with a certain amount of frequency . They came over here with a nuke not so long ago if memory serves. I'd be minded to not give him the attention he craves whilst being very mindful and observant

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
          I'd imagine they do that with a certain amount of frequency . They came over here with a nuke not so long ago if memory serves. I'd be minded to not give him the attention he craves whilst being very mindful and observant
          And if the military leader, the man charged with defending your nation did nothing, and Russia did invade, I imagine everyone would be fine with the fact that he didn't spend money to prepare..
          Makes perfect sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            And if the military leader, the man charged with defending your nation did nothing, and Russia did invade, I imagine everyone would be fine with the fact that he didn't spend money to prepare..
            Makes perfect sense!
            Of course however it's the melodrama in not sure about. Hence my seeking funding comment. I suspect this was done not for Russian consumption

Comment

Sometimes when a state is in economic troubles their leaders will opt for a war to keep the people stable... (Has happened more than once...) And if putin sees a economic collapse as a possibility he may do that...

How many times has his administration threatened to nuke Europe? At least 3 times recently...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Sometimes when a state is in economic troubles their leaders will opt for a war to keep the people stable... (Has happened more than once...) And if putin sees a economic collapse as a possibility he may do that...

How many times has his administration threatened to nuke Europe? At least 3 times recently...
                Oh it's a classic I agree. He's also probably looking at the migrant mess and thinking we're not going to be paying attention . He's probably right .

Comment

Russia is in economic collapse? lol.
                  Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

You link went bad, so I found another for you-

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ill-be-at-war/

It is unusual for a serving senior military figure, much less the professional head of an Army to speak out on such political matters in Europe. Yet these comments are not just the General’s opinion, he added, remarking his senior colleagues all held the same thoughts. He said: “this is a serious position shared by most. This is a completely different situation to the one we had ten years ago.

“There is now a much stronger focus on national defence… it is about preparing for the worst”
                    His booklet-

http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/siteass...d-2016-web.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                      Russia is in economic collapse? lol.
                      Huh I guess your right I thought the price of oil was hurting them badly...

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp/forecast
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

But before the war starts they will let more migrants enter in order to equalize the forces.
                        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Yes yes,that's why they ramp up oil production.
                          That's why they ramp up pensions,socials...etc..

Don't believe everything you read,truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
                          Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                            Yes yes,that's why they ramp up oil production.
                            That's why they ramp up pensions,socials...etc..

Don't believe everything you read,truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
                            How is the Ruble doing? Pretty weak now days. How about the inflation rate? It's now at 12.91 % and growing. Not the sign of a healthy economy imo.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You should check out the Russian budget deficit. Russia will stick around for the future. Whether its current government can continue to fund whatever it is it's doing might be different matter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X