Machine Gun Attack in Corsica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Gun Attack in Corsica

I have not seen this reported here in the US, I held off posting it for a few days,
    The shop front of a Muslim butchers on the French island of Corsica was sprayed by machine gun fire on Tuesday night, as communal tensions on the island remained high.

No one was injured in the shooting, which occurred at night while the shop in the southern town of Popriano was closed, according to reports.

The shop that stands in the town centre was hit "by fire from heavy weaponry", the local prosecutor Eric Bouillard said. According to I-Tele there were around 30 bullet holes in the in the shop front.

The prosecutor believes an assault rifle was likely used in the attack and added the Muslim butcher who owned the shop had "no history" to explain why he was attacked.

There were also reports that a kebab outlet nearby was also hit by the gunfire.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160203/musl...fire-in-france
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

These things happen, if you allow everyone to own a gun. Gun shooting are more common in countries that has the gun rights. Government has to take mental stability test before issuing a permit, rather than allowing everyone to own it.

Comment

Originally posted by IsidraAluarado View Post
      These things happen, if you allow everyone to own a gun. Gun shooting are more common in countries that has the gun rights. Government has to take mental stability test before issuing a permit, rather than allowing everyone to own it.
      Yes because Corsica is absolutely full of guns. Much less AKs or SMGs like the kind likely used here. I doubt it was actually a machine gun.

You do realize what you're advocating is less strict gun control than what was already in place here, right? Lot of good it did too.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Government has to take mental stability test before issuing a permit, rather than allowing everyone to own it.
        Just think how few posts we would get here if the Posters had to pass a mental stability test!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

How about just banning the mentally unstable?

And the government doesn't allow everyone to own one.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            Just think how few posts we would get here if the Posters had to pass a mental stability test!

Pruitt
            Hahahaha !!
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              I have not seen this reported here in the US, I held off posting it for a few days,
              The shop front of a Muslim butchers on the French island of Corsica was sprayed by machine gun fire on Tuesday night, as communal tensions on the island remained high.

No one was injured in the shooting, which occurred at night while the shop in the southern town of Popriano was closed, according to reports.

The shop that stands in the town centre was hit "by fire from heavy weaponry", the local prosecutor Eric Bouillard said. According to I-Tele there were around 30 bullet holes in the in the shop front.

The prosecutor believes an assault rifle was likely used in the attack and added the Muslim butcher who owned the shop had "no history" to explain why he was attacked.

There were also reports that a kebab outlet nearby was also hit by the gunfire.

Corsicans and Sardinians, you could add Sicilians as well, are a clannish bunch that are distrustful of outsiders. It probably would not take a lot to precipitate something like that.
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Second that.
                Corsican cosa nostra is very powerful , plus ,they have REAL AKs , not the ones with the orange plug like mine .

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

So you believe that machine guns are legal on the island of Corsica?
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    So you believe that machine guns are legal on the island of Corsica?
                    The spirit of Napoleon lives on!

Comment

You're from Staten island I see.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Or more correctly, the spirit of: Filippo Antonio Pasquale di Paoli, or more commonly, Pasquale Paoli. Boney's parents were followers of Paoli.
                        dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                          Corsicans and Sardinians, you could add Sicilians as well, are a clannish bunch that are distrustful of outsiders. It probably would not take a lot to precipitate something like that.
                          I had heard that affairs in Sicily had grown more civilized over the last three decades or so. Are you suggesting that that is not actually the case?
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            I had heard that affairs in Sicily had grown more civilized over the last three decades or so. Are you suggesting that that is not actually the case?
                            Organised crime has become more PR savvy and lowered their profile but as CNN recently pointed out

just because the mobsters are relatively inconspicuous doesn't mean they're at home knitting.

The Mafia continues to exercise a baleful influence on Sicily and beyond, from its periodic killings, to the protection money -- pizzo -- many hotels, restaurants and shops are forced to pay, and the corrupt investment climate that helps to keep businesses away and keep Sicily relatively poor among the Italian regions.

Tourists will hardly ever be touched directly by mob violence, which tends to go on in the poorer parts of town that are the Mafia's strongholds.
                            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                              Or more correctly, the spirit of: Filippo Antonio Pasquale di Paoli, or more commonly, Pasquale Paoli. Boney's parents were followers of Paoli.
                              As was Napoleon himself; he was also far from happy about the French taking over Corsica in younger years, until he saw were his fortunes lay. The Buonaparte's, led by the matriarch Letizia, were thoroughly opportunistic and were quite versed at exploiting the winds of change. Although, if you are familiar with Napoleone (his real name), he almost lost his head in the waning days of the French Revolution thanks to his association with Robespierre et al. His brother Giuseppe yanked his chestnuts out of the fire with literally less then six hours to go (as I recall) before Napy would have to climb the steps of the guillotine.
                              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X