Russia carried out practice nuclear strike against Sweden in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
    Proofs that it was a practice of a nuclear attack. Not your imagination, not journalist imagination or NATO command imagination but indeniable proofs that the planes carried nukes or very simulating to carry nukes.
    What does it matter if it was a practice of a nuclear attack or a practice of a non-nuclear attack? I mean how exactly would it be any better if it was 'just' a practice for a non-nuclear attack? Openly flying simulated attacks against neighboring countries is part of the reason why the current Russian leadership is viewed as deranged and unhinged. It is not projecting image of power or strength of Russia - but one that is demonstrating something between idiocy or buffoonery.

Silly imaginary excuses or weird claims like it would supposedly be just fine if it was non-nuclear won't exactly make it any better.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

If he knew a Putin fired nuclear rocket was about to land on his head whilst sipping leffe. He'd still find a way to condone it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
        What does it matter if it was a practice of a nuclear attack or a practice of a non-nuclear attack? I mean how exactly would it be any better if it was 'just' a practice for a non-nuclear attack? Openly flying simulated attacks against neighboring countries is part of the reason why the current Russian leadership is viewed as deranged and unhinged. It is not projecting image of power or strength of Russia - but one that is demonstrating something between idiocy or buffoonery.

Silly imaginary excuses or weird claims like it would supposedly be just fine if it was non-nuclear won't exactly make it any better.
        Russian aircraft didn't entered Swedish airspace. All the rest is unimportant.
        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
          This is a question to which I do not have an answer so if someone does I would appreciate you giving it to us.
          Well, I am afraid that no one does...

When the U.S. and the Soviet Union agreed on how may delivery systems each side was allowed the B52’s that could carry nukes had to be altered to be able to be counted via satellites. Was the Soviet Union required to alter their bombers that could deliver nukes also, and if so are any of them still viable and if so were any of them involved in this simulation?
          Have not double checked , but TU-22s have been in service all the time and not the subject of decommission.
          They lately have been used in Syria to deliver the conventional strikes.
          Kind regards
          Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
          * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
          * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
            If he knew a Putin fired nuclear rocket was about to land on his head whilst sipping leffe. He'd still find a way to condone it.
            A sad way to die -

While sipping a sorry excuse for a real Trappist ?

Might as well die while sipping Stella from INBEV.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
              Have you stopped beating your wife?

Unacceptable. Take a vacation.
              She would kick my behind!
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
                Except Russia did NOT say that it was a mock nuclear attack. In fact, the only reason it has been stipulated is because the TU-22s were a part of formation.
                Maybe I am mistaken, but there is not reliable information that those planes carried nuclear charges. Did they?

And, no I would not be OK if NATO practiced nuclear strikes against Russia. I even think, that Russia should not have done the same.
                But I am repulsed by the paranoid vibes on both sides. F.ex. the way this threads has been opened and presented, speaks paranoia to me.

EDIT: Actually I would like to correct my self a bit. The biggest problem (on both sides) that it is not only about paranoid tendencies, as paranoia is involuntary reaction.
                The issue is that it is by large deliberate provocative reaction due to multitude of reasons. And this deliberate part is repulsive.
                If anyone believes Russia pulled this stupid stunt off to end paranoia they are dumber then the nitwit who came up with the idea to conduct war games targeting an another nations sovereign soil without first notification.
                This was a provocative action, the kind Russia is always accusing others of doing.
                If, the target nation had scrambled interceptors, or had gone on alert and triggered a incident, I have little doubt Putin would smugly accuse the world of a conspiracy"
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  At this point a loud fart near the Russian border will prompt someone to scream invasion.
                  Well, as of now, it's precisely the other way around!
                  www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                    Well, as of now, it's precisely the other way around!
                    Between Russia's fantasies about NATO and the Baltic obsession over little green men, I'd lay off selling beans and cabbage anywhere near the border.

Comment

Between Russia's fantasies about NATO and the Baltic obsession over little green men...
                      Right.
                      But I would also add to the list NATO's fantasies about Russia.
                      Kind regards
                      Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
                      * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
                      * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Which are what ?

Comment

I'm guessing NATO's fanatasies were that russia was a stable country that would respect and work together with its neighbours for the commen good.

Exactly the fantasy that led the Germans to run down thier military in favour of a "peace-dividend".

Comment

NATO is useless organisation anyway.
                            1.US
                            2.US
                            3.US
                            100.US

And after that all other Disneyland funny armies in NATO.
                            Some of them even forget to took bombs in action.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
                            Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                              NATO is useless organisation anyway.
                              1.US
                              2.US
                              3.US
                              100.US

And after that all other Disneyland funny armies in NATO.
                              Some of them even forget to took bombs in action.

True, and that's part of why the fantasies about NATO invasions of Russia are so amusing. But then, people do tend to overestimate threats to their nation - states are themselves inherently conservative and preoccupied with threats.

And after the US stumbled into Iraq, those fears only seem reinforced.

Comment

True, and that's part of why the fantasies about NATO invasions of Russia are so amusing. But then, people do tend to overestimate threats to their nation - states are themselves inherently conservative and preoccupied with threats.

And after the US stumbled into Iraq, those fears only seem reinforced.
                                Only real treat for Russia is US and vise versa when comes to military power
                                Those two won't fight anyway.

NATO is good for USA to expand bases and influence.
                                Influence is tremendous tool and can be more powerful then military.

Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X