Europe's Most Beautiful Towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe's Most Beautiful Towns

As rated by the Japanese, but some real stunners here and very few I ever heard of. Gives me the travel bug again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...in-Europe.html
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Warendorf in Germany:

Famous for the Westfalian Horsebreeds, a Patrician village that survived the destruction of the thirty years war.

Remnant of the old ringed city wall still exist, plaus a guard tower. The farm I was born on, is 9 km from the village in an eastern direction.

Warendorf was also famous for it's delicious Crayfish recipes until 1970.
    When the government decided to regulate creeks and rivers, making this species distinct. I remember going on fishing trips with my Dad to the Alte Hessel River, and returning with a whole 20 liter bucket full of those creatures. We cooked them like lobsters in salt water only, and they did taste better than lobsters. Some of the largest ones we caught, where almost half the size of their ocean relatives.

Comment

The Japanese probably rated Conwy highly because of the availability of Lava Bread.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Two glaring omissions

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Bled, Slovenia

Last edited by Skoblin; 31 Jan 16, 20:38.

Comment

I would have thought Bibury, England would have made the list as well

Comment

Beautiful! All of them!
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Why have they rated a field and five beached and one floating, row-boats? Oh! and not forgetting the picturesque row of shacks at the waters edge aptly named Koprivshtitsa,

Paul
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                I would have thought Bibury, England would have made the list as well

The Japanese certainly flock to Bibury. I was there in the summer and they took the place over. There is a trout farm there where the fish should now be obese given the amout of fish food my son threw in there at 1 a cup. It is very small though, maybe not ranking as a town. The Cotswold villages collectively are worth a trip. Judging from the 30 in the article and others that people have posted there is stiff competition though.
                Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X