Justice, European Style...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice, European Style...

As long as I live and breathe I will never understand the European mind set. To disallow people the fundamental right to defend themselves against those who are more powerful than them is absolutely wrong headed, unjust and serves no good purpose.
    Close your eyes and enjoy being raped. Shut up, don’t fight back, much the same way Denmark defended itself against the Nazis.

"A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for using pepper spray to fend off her assailant.
    The teenager told police that she was attacked in central Sønderborg on Wednesday at around 10pm by a dark-skinned English-speaking man. She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.
    The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker, but now she may be the one who ends up in legal trouble.
    “It is illegal to possess and use pepper spray, so she will likely be charged for that,” local police spokesman Knud Kirsten told TV Syd"
    http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/dani...hell-face-fine
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

I am waiting avidly your daily posts regarding how we Euros ,are stupid ,dumb ,assholes ,and how you ,Americans. ,are waaaaaay more clever than us .
    Your continuous efforts for drawing a world in white/black ,never cease to amaze me.
    How lucky you are : your Mexican illegals have never raped anyone ,they're soooo respectful of the gringos ,Caramba ! .
    Your posts are like an insult to me.And you're extremely prolific.
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Surely a medal deserved in this case though, not a criminal trial?
      Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        As long as I live and breathe I will never understand the European mind set. To disallow people the fundamental right to defend themselves against those who are more powerful than them is absolutely wrong headed, unjust and serves no good purpose.
        Close your eyes and enjoy being raped. Shut up, don’t fight back, much the same way Denmark defended itself against the Nazis.

"A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for using pepper spray to fend off her assailant.
        The teenager told police that she was attacked in central Sønderborg on Wednesday at around 10pm by a dark-skinned English-speaking man. She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.
        The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker, but now she may be the one who ends up in legal trouble.
        “It is illegal to possess and use pepper spray, so she will likely be charged for that,” local police spokesman Knud Kirsten told TV Syd"
        http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/dani...hell-face-fine
        #1 There is no unique European Justice system. And they vary more greatly than between US States.
        #2 Being charged don't mean be sentenced. Cas de force majeur.
        #3 Laws can be modified when citizens recognize the law as inadequate. That the purpose of national Parliaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          Surely a medal deserved in this case though, not a criminal trial?
          Now that the light of day has hit this little case, the Govt will either pretend it never happened or they will double-down and increase the charges and intimidate that girl into shutting her mouth, forever.

Meanwhile-
          The man who attacked the 17-year-old fled from the scene and has not been charged.
          THAT won't change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            Now that the light of day has hit this little case, the Govt will either pretend it never happened or they will double-down and increase the charges and intimidate that girl into shutting her mouth, forever.

The great governemental conspiracy theory ?
            Like in "X-files " ??
            But in the Danish archipelago ?
            Cool !Sounds exciting !

Comment

Don't really see the problem here.

Possession of illegal weapon of the non-lethal kind is a very minor offence, used in self defence, no witnesses or complaints (since the attacker wasn't apprehended, but ran), presumably first offense.

She might be charged, but the case will never see court, any judge would die laughing when he hears it.

Why is pepper spray illegal then, you might ask, well just in case a Muslim uses it on a Swedish girl, obviously.

And no - you will probably never understand it, buy another legal gun - it'll make you feel better
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                And no - you will probably never understand it, buy another legal gun - it'll make you feel better
                You know what, I think I will thanks.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                  You know what, I think I will thanks.
                  Me, too, and one for my wife!

Its interesting to learn about other cultures. In Denmark, rape is good, self-defense is bad, and despite being illegal people can still acquire pepper spray.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    (...), self-defense is bad, and despite being illegal people can still acquire pepper spray.
                    Read again, the victim WAS in possession of pepper spray, the assailant was NOT.

Thus disproving the often repeated axiom "...if weapons of any kind are made illegal only criminals will have those weapons."

She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.
                    The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker,
                    The law works as intended, the attacker was prevented from obtaining a weapon and thus his attack failed.

Just imagine what could have happened if he had a legally purchased gun.

Comment

This kind of thread shows how deep is the gap between our respective conceptions of a nation .
                      Your US condescension makes me sick.

You take us for faggots ,and coming from a people that knows **** about my way of life , it is pitiful .

Stay in your country amongst your 350 millions guns and have sex with them if they're so desirable..

Comment

Well to be fair - the difference is not all that big, everyone wants to keep themselves and their loved ones safe, it's just that US Americans have been taught from a very young age that the only way to do that is to allow unrestricted access to weapons for everyone..

..and in a place already flooded with weapons, that may just be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          Read again, the victim WAS in possession of pepper spray, the assailant was NOT.

Thus disproving the often repeated axiom "...if weapons of any kind are made illegal only criminals will have those weapons."
                          Not at all. It doesn't necessarily mean that only people who are already criminals will have weapons. Only criminals will have weapons because having a weapon makes you a criminal. This case does prove that. As the innocent victim was made into a criminal by defending herself.

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                          This kind of thread shows how deep is the gap between our respective conceptions of a nation .
                          Your US condescension makes me sick.

You take us for faggots ,and coming from a people that knows **** about my way of life , it is pitiful .

Stay in your country amongst your 350 millions guns and have sex with them if they're so desirable..
                          If I came off as condescending that wasn't my intention. I can disagree with the way things are done there but I try not to condensed the way your society operates. I've seen too many threads about how ignorant and stubborn Americans are where Europeans and Australians self-righteously gloat in the aftermath of a school shooting to do that. I'll state my opinion and disagreement but I won't make fun of you for it. That would be the height of hypocrisy
                          Last edited by frisco17; 29 Jan 16, 08:56.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                            Not at all. It doesn't necessarily mean that only people who are already criminals will have weapons. Only criminals will have weapons because having a weapon makes you a criminal. This case does prove that. As the innocent victim was made into a criminal by defending herself.
                            Being convicted by a court of law is what makes you a criminal. Not being accused of crime, or even a criminal act in itself.

If I walk home tonight and someone walks up to me in threatening fashion, I'll kick him in the teeth - that will be a criminal act.

It will not hurt less for being criminal though and be just as effective, chances of being convicted - if I choose my target correctly - will be close to zero.

The same goes, for pepper spray, knives, guns etc..

What laws do is restrict access to weapons for the majority of a population - for an individual it's always possible to obtain a weapon, regardless of the law.

Other than that - I'll agree with you if she's found guilty it would be a travesty.

I very much doubt she'll be found guilty though.

If I came off as condescending that wasn't my intention. I can disagree with the way things are done there but I try not to condensed the way your society operates. I've seen too many threads about how ignorant and stubborn Americans are where Europeans and Australians self-righteously gloat in the aftermath of a school shooting to do that. I'll state my opinion and disagreement but I won't make fun of you for it. That would be the height of hypocrisy.
                            I thoroughly dislike the school shooting threads myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              Me, too, and one for my wife!

Its interesting to learn about other cultures. In Denmark, rape is good, self-defense is bad, and despite being illegal people can still acquire pepper spray.
                              that's what I don't get! How did so many European nations get to this point where the weaker, more vulnerable members of society have no right to use any weapon, even on as harmless as pepper spray to defend themselves?
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X