Norwegian in underwear clings to car roof to stop thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian in underwear clings to car roof to stop thief

A man clad only in boxer shorts stopped a thief from stealing his car in southern Norway - by clinging on to the roof in a hair-raising ride at -17C.
    Police say the owner was left "pretty bloody" after the car crashed into a safety barrier on a bridge. A suspect has been taken into police custody.
    The owner, 25, woke up in Kristiansand in the early hours of Wednesday when he heard his car engine firing up.
    He raced out, grabbed a car door-handle and refused to let go.
    The thief tried to shake him off by driving into the snow, but the owner clambered on to the roof of his VW Passat and clung on to the bars as the car sped off.
    BBC - Full Article

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Blimey!
    Talk about a rude awakening,fancy being in the lee of bum island one minute then surfing your car through the beautiful Norwegian winter morn the next...................In yer skiddies!!!!!!!

Comment

He had big balls until shrinkage took effect due to the cold wind and snow.....
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

It was a Passat though. A missed opportunity to claim on the insurance and buy a decent car.
        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          It was a Passat though. A missed opportunity to claim on the insurance and buy a decent car.
          +1 for that!
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Not only did he manage to hang on but he broke the rear window with his knee, got in and grappled with the thief who crashed the car.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

By and large the Norwegians are a distubingly fit lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                By and large the Norwegians are a distubingly fit lot.
                and sometimes disturbingly large
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

A strange quirk about them is that they seem to have no word or phrase for "excuse me,coming through" or at least if they have they choose not to bother with it.
                  My work frequently used to take me to Stavanger and a Norwegian friend explained all of this to me so I decided to watch the locals in the bars and clubs one night and sure enough,if they wish to pass through a space constricted by other locals they say nothing and just barge on through, shoulders straight,knock each other flying and nobody seems to mind.

I found this fascinating and decided I would try it myself, after a few more sherberts of course,.
                  Well off I staggered aimed full on at a bunch of blokes jamming a passageway in a bar,SMAAAAASH!!!
                  They were only a bunch of Cloggies weren't they, BIFF,POW,KABOOSH!!!

I was the talk of the rig the next day among the Noggies.

Focken stoopid Brit,ha,ha......

Comment

Originally posted by flash View Post
                    A strange quirk about them is that they seem to have no word or phrase for "excuse me,coming through" or at least if they have they choose not to bother with it.
                    My work frequently used to take me to Stavanger and a Norwegian friend explained all of this to me so I decided to watch the locals in the bars and clubs one night and sure enough,if they wish to pass through a space constricted by other locals they say nothing and just barge on through, shoulders straight,knock each other flying and nobody seems to mind.

I found this fascinating and decided I would try it myself, after a few more sherberts of course,.
                    Well off I staggered aimed full on at a bunch of blokes jamming a passageway in a bar,SMAAAAASH!!!
                    They were only a bunch of Cloggies weren't they, BIFF,POW,KABOOSH!!!

I was the talk of the rig the next day among the Noggies.

Focken stoopid Brit,ha,ha......
                    The Norwegians I met, you'd've suffered less damage walking through a wall. Generally nice guys, but BIG.
                    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                      The Norwegians I met, you'd've suffered less damage walking through a wall. Generally nice guys, but BIG.
                      I'd confirm that, last full time job I had before going into semi retirement was project managing the porting of the Opera browser onto a Nokia smart phone. Opera is a Norwegian product so made some visits to Oslo. Norway definitely has a different culture to Sweden and Finland.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                        Berlin.1945
                        by casanova
                        The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                        Yesterday, 23:41
                      • casanova
                        AW 169M
                        by casanova
                        The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                        Yesterday, 23:26
                      • JBark
                        What changed?
                        by JBark
                        There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                        Yesterday, 18:54
                      Working...
                      X