Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a 'reasonable accommodation' with Argentina over Falklands

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a 'reasonable accommodation' with Argentina over Falklands

    Jeremy Corbyn: " “There has to be a discussion about how we can bring about some reasonable accommodation with Argentina.

    “It seems to me ridiculous that in the 21st Century we could get into some enormous conflict with Argentina about the islands just off it.

    “Yes, of course the islanders have an enormous say in this; let's bring about some sensible dialogue.

    “They've got the right to stay where they are, they have got a right to decide on their own future and that will be part of it.

    “Let's have that discussion and let's not say agendas in advance.”



    I'm liking this guy more and more. He is now my favourite leader of the Labour Party since Michael Foot.

  • #2
    Just keep em coming Jezza. Keep em coming

    You mentioned that he said they had a say in the dialogue but u didn't mention the telling point that he made that they did not have a veto. The man's commitment to democracy and self determination is astounding. In his heart he will feel they are just imperial scum. Much like him and Diane abbots belief that Northern Ireland Protestants are akin to white Zimbabwean farmers.

    Comment


    • #3
      There was an amusing quote by some old northern labour type last week about how Corbyn and his cronies sat in London drinking champagne plotting the revolution.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

      Comment


      • #4
        Politicians do love that word "discussion" don't they? We hear it all the time about how we need to have a "discussion" about guns or a "discussion" about race. Seems to me all it means is "I don't like the status quo so I'm going to try and get you to "discuss" changing it.

        In this particular case the only reasonable thing to "discuss" with Argentina is to tell them to go pound sand and get over it.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gooner View Post
          Jeremy Corbyn: " “There has to be a discussion about how we can bring about some reasonable accommodation with Argentina.

          “It seems to me ridiculous that in the 21st Century we could get into some enormous conflict with Argentina about the islands just off it.

          “Yes, of course the islanders have an enormous say in this; let's bring about some sensible dialogue.

          “They've got the right to stay where they are, they have got a right to decide on their own future and that will be part of it.

          “Let's have that discussion and let's not say agendas in advance.”



          I'm liking this guy more and more. He is now my favourite leader of the Labour Party since Michael Foot.
          Is this fellow a joke?

          The only "reasonable accommodation" is for Argentina to accept the will of the people of the Falkland Islands as expressed in a free and fair referendum and buzz off. Oddly enough he seems to be opposed to 'returning' Gibraltar to Spain. What's the deal with this discrepancy? Is it because Gibraltar's ruling GSLP is close allies of Labour?

          Comment


          • #6
            He's a hard core Marxist. That's all you need to know

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              He's a hard core Marxist. That's all you need to know
              He hates Britain, the US, Israel, the West etc. Sympathetic to terrorist groups and anyone who is perceived as an enemy of the West.
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

              Comment


              • #8
                The UK should hold the Falklands for the next fifty years just to prove the point that you don't go grabbing stuff that has someone else's flag on it.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9


                  The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                    He's a hard core Marxist. That's all you need to know
                    http://armstrongeconomics-wp.s3.amaz...byn-Jeremy.jpg
                    ^ he even looks like a Marxist.

                    Dutch this guy ASAP. Quite frankly, I am shocked he has not faced a leadership election yet. Ive seen rumors to the effect of the center/center left wing want to wait until May's local elections.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      http://armstrongeconomics-wp.s3.amaz...byn-Jeremy.jpg
                      ^ he even looks like a Marxist.

                      Dutch this guy ASAP. Quite frankly, I am shocked he has not faced a leadership election yet. Ive seen rumors to the effect of the center/center left wing want to wait until May's local elections.
                      The previous leader was a massive fool. He set up a situation whereupon the party could be hijacked by radical extremists. They are in the process of removing their opponents in the party. They and he will be hard to get rid of now. Dangerous times.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                        He hates Britain, the US, Israel, the West etc. Sympathetic to terrorist groups and anyone who is perceived as an enemy of the West.
                        Oh yeah . Pacifist my arse .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Seems to me the title of 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' has moved across the Chanel...
                          Credo quia absurdum.


                          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Seems to me the title of 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' has moved across the Chanel...
                            Its the tunnel.

                            Once they got connected to the rest of Europe by dry land it was a tossup between France and Germany.

                            Turns out the UK can't catch a break...
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Him and his BS is nothing new for him and his kind.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X