Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qaddafi warned Tony Blair about planned Islamic take over of Europe

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01...l?intcmp=hpbt1

Doomed Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi delivered a prophetic warning in 2011, saying Islamic terror would spread across North Africa and hit Europe if he was removed from power, newly released phone transcripts revealed Thursday.

Speaking to former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Qaddafi said "[jihadists] want to control the Mediterranean and then they will attack Europe," British media reported.
    During the first call in the morning, Qaddafi told Blair, "The story is simply this: an organization has laid down sleeping cells in North Africa. Called the Al Qaeda Organization in North Africa... The sleeping cells in Libya are similar to dormant cells in America before 9/11," The Telegraph reports.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

I used to follow faux news. Now I wouldn't believe them if they told me the moon was rocky. Lies upon lies. At some point you get over it.

Better sooner than later.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I used to follow faux news. Now I wouldn't believe them if they told me the moon was rocky. Lies upon lies. At some point you get over it.

Better sooner than later.
      They didn't break the news story, just covered it here in the US.
      http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...or-to-al-qaida
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Qaddafi was right : we see now the results of the western intervention in Libya .

Comment

That's funny coming from a man who funded attacks on Europe himself. Notice it wasn't until 2011 during the revolution that he suddenly came up with this warning. He isn't wrong necessarily, the terror attacks and more importantly mass migration are an existential threat to the continued existence of a civilized Europe but in this case he was just trying to protect his own hide by making the alternative seem worse.

And Ljadw the current state of Libya is a result of two things. People in Libya who chose to be islamists and the fact that the west abandoned the large secular faction that was in power when the war ended. The civil war started and Gaddafi was on his way out before we intervened, it would have happened either way eventually. We had the real potential to support a Jordan or Morocco like state in Libya buy domestic reasons caused us to abandoned them and the spread of Islamism is the result. If anything we needed to do more, not less.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            That's funny coming from a man who funded attacks on Europe himself. Notice it wasn't until 2011 during the revolution that he suddenly came up with this warning. He isn't wrong necessarily, the terror attacks and more importantly mass migration are an existential threat to the continued existence of a civilized Europe but in this case he was just trying to protect his own hide by making the alternative seem worse.

And Ljadw the current state of Libya is a result of two things. People in Libya who chose to be islamists and the fact that the west abandoned the large secular faction that was in power when the war ended. The civil war started and Gaddafi was on his way out before we intervened, it would have happened either way eventually. We had the real potential to support a Jordan or Morocco like state in Libya buy domestic reasons caused us to abandoned them and the spread of Islamism is the result. If anything we needed to do more, not less.
            After his children took up residence in Paris..

Comment

We're taking the advice of Qaddafi and fox news?

Comment

If he said it he is right . Let's be blunt . Removing the "hard men" of the middle east has opened a can of worms inside Pandora's box that's a bigger problem than Saddam , Gaddafi or Assad ever were.

Comment

Originally posted by tombennett91 View Post
                  We're taking the advice of Qaddafi and fox news?
                  Who do you propose ? Obama and CNN ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X