Any truth in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth in it?

It's Breitbart, so I take it with some salt, but they don't manufacture from entirely whole-cloth.:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...new-years-eve/

Originally posted by Article
    Just five arrests have been made by German police after central Cologne was transformed into a war-zone on New Year’s Eve, as an estimated 1,000 migrants celebrated by launching fireworks into crowds and sexually assaulting German women caught up in the chaos.

The sordid details of the horrifying sexual assaults and attacks made against ordinary Germans by large gangs of migrants in Cologne in the early hours of Friday morning are just now emerging.

Far from a small number of sex assaults reported to have been made by German speaking men in initial reports on New Year’s Day, dozens of women are now reported to have been molested and “raped”, while dozens more men have been assaulted and robbed.
    If it's even only a little true - it doesn't really paint Cologne in a good light. The only other outlet seeming to run it is 'The New Observer' which I'd never heard of.
    Last edited by Selous; 04 Jan 16, 14:08.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Breitbart seem to have got the story mostly from the Express, a German language outlet:

http://www.express.de/koeln/koeln-se...hnhof-23252186

The Cologne police has set up a Fact-Finding Commission. 35 women have already filed charges, the figure is likely to be extremely high.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
      It's Breitbart, so I take it with some salt, but they don't manufacture from entirely whole-cloth.:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...new-years-eve/

If it's even only a little true - it doesn't really paint Cologne in a bad light. The only other outlet seeming to run it is 'The New Observer' which I'd never heard of.
      From what I can deduce from German press, there's a group of about 40 young men from North Africa, otherwise engaged in pick-pocketing and petty theft operating around the Cologne main train station, that are now under suspiscion for sexually assaulting upwards of 30 women in and around the railway station on New Year.

It's certainly bad enough — just not quite the image of thousands of dusky imigrants generally enacting a reign of terror in a major German city through a display of their dirty libidos, with the police impotently standing by for unknown reasons...

Comment

You mean that it could be ....???

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

German TV has reported this but on a much smaller scale of about 40 men and not the 1,000. Still, one attack is one to many.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I hope no one is surprised. Bring in men from cultures that place a low value on women and the results will not be positive, especially not for women.
            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

No, it is reality.
              Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

BBC has picked it up, late though.

Police Chief calling it a 'totally new dimension of crime'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35231046

Comment

Based on the Bbc article, for a woman going out in Colgne is little different from going out in Cairo. There were numerous sexual attacks on women during the Arab Spring in public Egypt. Seems the same is now happening in Germany.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Merkel has piped up. She is outraged, however basically its up to the police to sort it out and not her fault for letting them in. Presumably she has no intention of stopping the next round coming in 2016 either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35237173

Comment

Sad to see the cradle of modern civilization reduced to this state because of their own bleeding heart naiveté. Europe seriously needs to get its act together or it's only going to get much worse. Some cultures simply cannot coexist in their present form because they hold incompatible values. Inviting those people by the millions is culture suicide and objectively one of this cultures is better as much as people are uncomfortable admitting it. One produced democracy, modern civilization, individual rights and the highest standard of living the world as ever seen. The other produced Islam. Threatening the safety and way of life of your citizens for the well being of foreigners is criminal by any government. In my mind if one German, Frenchman, etc is hurt to save 1,000,000 Syrians than the government has failed as it's only responsibility was to that one.

Unfortunately I can only see this going two ways, they either wise up as Eastern Europe is starting to, or the whole thing will dissolve into the 1920s all over again except this time instead of Communists, Fascists and Centerists it'll be Europeans and Muslims.

One again thank God for those nice big oceans we have.
                      Last edited by frisco17; 05 Jan 16, 13:04.
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                        I hope no one is surprised. Bring in men from cultures that place a low value on women and the results will not be positive, especially not for women.
                        Pick-pocketing and violent crimes are not that culture products. Some number of marginals and outlaws exist in every culture. At times of mass social disorders, revolutions and wars percentage of marginals is much bigger than in stable environment. Many of those immigrants experienced who knows what stresses and were marginalised, no wonder.

Comment

The local mayor is saying that women should adjust their behaviour to the new realities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-assaults.html
                          Last edited by Surrey; 06 Jan 16, 03:13.
                          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Fareasterner View Post
                            Pick-pocketing and violent crimes are not that culture products. Some number of marginals and outlaws exist in every culture. At times of mass social disorders, revolutions and wars percentage of marginals is much bigger than in stable environment. Many of those immigrants experienced who knows what stresses and were marginalised, no wonder.
                            Troll ollee oll.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                              The local mayor is saying that women should adjust their behaviour to the new realities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-assaults.html
                              Isn't this the 'victim blaming' that has been so hounded by internet feminists?

The more...how to put it...prevalent? Middle Eastern mores and values become in the progressive West, the more 'progressive' people seem to shy from pointing out how they don't fit snug with contemporary progressive values.

------

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X