2016 Predictions where you are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Predictions where you are?

Although no accurate predictions can be made, Iím sure we can all guess, so what are your social, political, and economic predictions for the forthcoming year for where you live?

In-line with the past few years I predict another downward swirl of the toilet-bowl of history.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

In the UK, the potent mix of immigration and radical Islam remain the top voter issues they were in 2015. The migrant crisis resumes, and though it primarily embroils Germany and France, the UK is caught up in events.

A Tory government fearing it will lose an EU referendum in 2016, postpones it to 2017.

Austerity starts to bite with a cut in tax breaks and severely curtailed Government spending. Interest rates remain very low, with only modest economic growth. Possible flirtation with deflation. Corbyn whips up discontent on the Left, sufficent to produce some rioting and maybe strike action.

Though with an eye on Russia and Iran, radical Islam in its various havens, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq continues to be the main military preoccupation.
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

- The Out campaign won't get going and will ultimately lose.
      - DC will 'negotiate' a 'good' 'deal' for the UK's continued membership.
      - Revived Hibernian nationalism
      - Theresa will forbid a number of things for our own 'safety:' bb guns, kitchen knives over x inches, knitting needles, water, the colour green etc.
      - Comrade Corbyn will last out, I think. Due to his common-room level supporters and the right will gain a lot of inertia over the EU business (if it goes ahead, I think you may be right and it'd be postponed- don't want the peasantry making a decision until the BBC has instilled the right conclusion)
      - - 'Our' NHS will need another few trillion to 'function' with the demands of population spikes from the wonderful influx of new, perfectly adjusted citizens
      - Awful housing prices
      - Calais migrant camp might burst its walls and we'll have to settle a few (hopefully in Scotland- it has the space and is much more progressive)

And the Hawks won't even win the Western Conference, let alone the cup.

It'll be ****.
      -
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

The old Bundeschancellor Helmut Schmidt was asked about the future, 3 years ago by DER SPIEGEL journalists:

"The 21 century will be remembered worse than the 20's."

Comment

More patent economic far right 'the-evil-state-is-the-problem' failure leading to failed 'the-state-is-the-only-solution' of political far right/far left rising.

Comment

An increased SNP majority at Holyrood, possible EU exit, the near certainty of indyref 2, and independence within a couple of years.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

The banana republic of Australia will continue to flounder economically now that the mining boom is no longer masking the generally crap state of "every single thing except mining" on aggregate statistics. My consumer electronics purchases will continue to be absurdly expensive as a result of our weak dollar.

Near the end of the year we will be in full wind up for election mode, which has to be held at the latest the 14th of Jan 2017 (and quite possibly earlier than that). We will get to watch in awe as the Liberal and Labour parties compete to see who is going to fall on their face faster, with Malcom Turnbull's primary claim to fame being "at least I'm not Tony Abbott" and Bill Shorten being generally incapable of projecting charisma.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X