Lone Wolf in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Wolf in London

We seem to have had a lone wolf attack in a crowded London tube station. However one can only be relieved that the guy wasn't armed with a gun so casualties down to three stab wounds, one of which is severe. Had he had an automatic for example he could have killed a lot of people
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

This is for Syria...... Cops armed only with taser's ain't going to cut it.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...QsN?li=BBnbcA1
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      This is for Syria...... Cops armed only with taser's ain't going to cut it.
      http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...QsN?li=BBnbcA1
      Possibly not in the USA where you have an obscene excess of fire arms - but it did the job here.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        Possibly not in the USA where you have an obscene excess of fire arms - but it did the job here.
        We will see, nothing make a better target then an unarmed policeman.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

British cops have weapons.
          I know they're English ,that doesn't mean that they're dumb.
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Hi

The motive for this attack is still unclear, as is his mental status. So before we attribute this being a terrorist anything we need to establish some facts.

There was a excellent interview with Charlie Winter earlier today on BBC News, in which he effectively diffused the almost instant 'terrorist' labeling of this incident.

If this guy for whatever reason had randomly stabbed 3 people, without causing any deaths, its doubtful it would have made the UK national news. However by him shouting 'This is for Syria' it effectively went global and gave him instant notoriety etc.

The one bright side to this horrible attack is the 'You ain't no Muslim, Bruv (Your an embarrassment)' which is widely trending on UK Social Media
            http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...ck--b1T_01685x

Regards

Andy H
            "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
              Hi

The motive for this attack is still unclear, as is his mental status. So before we attribute this being a terrorist anything we need to establish some facts.

There was a excellent interview with Charlie Winter earlier today on BBC News, in which he effectively diffused the almost instant 'terrorist' labeling of this incident.

If this guy for whatever reason had randomly stabbed 3 people, without causing any deaths, its doubtful it would have made the UK national news. However by him shouting 'This is for Syria' it effectively went global and gave him instant notoriety etc.

The one bright side to this horrible attack is the 'You ain't no Muslim, Bruv (Your an embarrassment)' which is widely trending on UK Social Media

Regards

Andy H
              Well that's nice, he didn't kill anyone, just stabbed them while yelling "this is for Syria" nothing to see here....
              I suppose it's ok if you just get stabbed and not killed.....

Comment

The unspoken truth is anyone could make a full auto zip shot gun if they had a clue.

The law regulating law abiding people restrict only them.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Hi

Regards

Andy H
                  Hashtags trending, strongly worded statements from the local mosque. They are no bad thing, but we still await a true mass angry response from British Muslims to radical Islam and the evil twisting of their religion. An angry march of thousands, burning the ISIS flag rather than the British / American / Israeli one etc would go a long way.
                  Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                    Hashtags trending, strongly worded statements from the local mosque. They are no bad thing, but we still await a true mass angry response from British Muslims to radical Islam and the evil twisting of their religion. An angry march of thousands, burning the ISIS flag rather than the British / American / Israeli one etc would go a long way.
                    Begin to wait for the rally.
                    I 'd rather be looking for plums from Siberia.
                    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                      Begin to wait for the rally.
                      I 'd rather be looking for plums from Siberia.
                      A shame though. It is easily the best thing British Muslims could do to win back friends and distance themselves from the radicals.

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                        British cops have weapons.
                        I know they're English ,that doesn't mean that they're dumb.
                        and some are even Scots, Welsh or Irish

Given the chance of collateral casualties firing a gun inside a crowded tube station would be a pretty dumb thing to do unless matters were very desperate.
                        Last edited by MarkV; 07 Dec 15, 04:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          Well that's nice, he didn't kill anyone, just stabbed them while yelling "this is for Syria" nothing to see here....
                          I suppose it's ok if you just get stabbed and not killed.....
                          Hi Jim

What a asinine remark even if you added a sarcasm emoticon.

There have been some 350+ mass shootings so far in the US in 2015, yet only a fraction make the national news and a even smaller fraction the international news.
                          I'll bet you that if everyone of those 350 mass shootings had somebody yelling 'This is for Syria' 'Allahu Akbar' or another politically charged statement, then they all would have made the national news and beyond to some extent.

This piece of wannabee **** Muhaydin Mire is much a terrorist as you or I! He may well have been 'inspired' by what he's seen and read but to give him the label of a terrorist, is to give him undue provenance.
                          He's got his Andy Warhol moment and know doubt he'll be spending the next few decades contemplating that fact from behind bars-if he doesn't slip on some soap whilst in jail first

Regards

Andy H
                          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                            Hi E2V

As I've mentioned to you before, there are protests by Muslims up and down the country against IS or whatever were supposed to call them, but they rarely get mentioned/reported (and despite its omnipotence, the www doesn't contain the font of all human endeavor)

There have been campaigns where the burning of the Black IS flag was promoted and yet bar for the odd local report, they never made the national news. In fact the one that did, was because the man was arrested by Scottish Police for possible incitement of racial hatred

However I agree that a large mass protest by British Muslims would be a welcomed visual and it would send a strong message.

Regards

Andy H

Comment

Hi Jim

What a asinine remark even if you added a sarcasm emoticon.

There have been some 350+ mass shootings so far in the US in 2015, yet only a fraction make the national news and a even smaller fraction the international news.
                              I'll bet you that if everyone of those 350 mass shootings had somebody yelling 'This is for Syria' 'Allahu Akbar' or another politically charged statement, then they all would have made the national news and beyond to some extent.

This piece of wannabee **** Muhaydin Mire is much a terrorist as you or I! He may well have been 'inspired' by what he's seen and read but to give him the label of a terrorist, is to give him undue provenance.
                              He's got his Andy Warhol moment and know doubt he'll be spending the next few decades contemplating that fact from behind bars-if he doesn't slip on some soap whilst in jail first

Regards

Andy H
                              Shades of the Lee Rigby beheading though Andy, except he didn't have the right knife to complete the job. It also may embolden others to proceed with their own plots.

It's more than just a Saturday night stabbing that probably happens every weekend in every city.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X