Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our former president soon in jail!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our former president soon in jail!!

    A shame!!!
    If you're not above the laws once you've been president,who can be it ,???
    Hahahaha,i am dead laughing!
    And we made jokes on the Italians politicians,hahaha!

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ged-corruption
    That rug really tied the room together

  • #2
    Carla Bruni as Marie Antoinette

    IIRC his wife, Carla Bruni, too had a tendency to behave like she was Marie Antoinette.
    Wasn’t she the one who as the president's wife called the local magistrate and ordered him to cancel the concert of a singer she had an argument with?
    BoRG

    You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bingo,she's Carla the Magnificent b..ch !
      That rug really tied the room together

      Comment


      • #4
        For quick reference, the seven issues that threaten Sarkozy.

        http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/...1_4355770.html

        It's in French but if you are that interested I reckon that your command of French is likely up to this
        BoRG

        You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

        Comment


        • #5
          But, but, but I was told only Romanian and Bulgarian politicians are corrupt in the EU.

          Comment


          • #6
            http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

            France is the 22nd most honest country, UK is the 14th, US is 19th. Russia is 127 and Romania is 69. Is out of 175.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Surrey View Post
              http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

              France is the 22nd most honest country, UK is the 14th, US is 19th. Russia is 127 and Romania is 69. Is out of 175.
              That's an index based on perceptions gauged through opinion polls. It would have been more relevant for it to be based on real data instead.

              But anyway, using what we have, I see we're at the same level as Italy and in a better position than Greece. But the EU heavyweights behave towards us as if we have the only corrupt politicians in the corruption-free Shambhala which the EU is according to them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Imperial View Post
                That's an index based on perceptions gauged through opinion polls. It would have been more relevant for it to be based on real data instead.

                But anyway, using what we have, I see we're at the same level as Italy and in a better position than Greece. But the EU heavyweights behave towards us as if we have the only corrupt politicians in the corruption-free Shambhala which the EU is according to them.
                Being less corrupt than the Greeks and Italians is not exactly aiming high.... You are of course way better than the mafia state (Russia) .... While no one is entirely corruption free the most reliable are the Scandinavians.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                  Being less corrupt than the Greeks and Italians is not exactly aiming high.... You are of course way better than the mafia state (Russia) .... While no one is entirely corruption free the most reliable are the Scandinavians.
                  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we don't have corruption problems, certainly more than other European countries. Just that the EU or political leaders from Western Europe often lecture us on corruption and on the need to be corruption-free (utopia anyone?) then we read in the newspapers about their huge corruption scandals.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                    http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

                    France is the 22nd most honest country, UK is the 14th, US is 19th. Russia is 127 and Romania is 69. Is out of 175.
                    Perception of and reality are two different things.
                    What next astrology?

                    Ed.
                    The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Damn, how did the UK get as high as 14th???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Johnny_BoomBoom View Post
                        Damn, how did the UK get as high as 14th???
                        They lied?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For us froggies,England is a much "cleaner" country than France.
                          That rug really tied the room together

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                            For us froggies,England is a much "cleaner" country than France.
                            From a sort of neutral postion (NLD) I can understand what you mean
                            when comparing these two.
                            France however has other attractions.
                            BoRG

                            You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Meanwhile, Berlusconi has been ruled free for "bunga bunga" parties.

                              While Berlusconi is a typical example, he is no worse than others, he is only better known outside of Italy. Many Italians are ashamed of and angry on their "political casta" and their excesses, but there is nothing we can do about it.

                              Moderate Mario Monti, or even populist Beppe Grillo couldn't change the laws protecting the old, corrupt political system.
                              If Italy had a different electoral system, whoever won a plurality would govern. If Italy had a different political culture, a coalition would govern. Without effective govern, laws cannot be changed.
                              It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

                              Косово је Србија!
                              Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

                              Armored Brigade

                              Armored Brigade Facebook page

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X