X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible North Korea target: Deepwater Horizon oil platform

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists:

Deepwater Horizon explodes and sinks

Twenty-four days later, on April 20, 2010, the Deepwater Horizon oil drilling rig owned by the world's largest offshore drilling contractor Transocean, and operated by British Petroleum, suddenly exploded and caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico. More than a dozen were injured and 11 assumed dead.

Still uncapped as of this writing, the bore hole is gushing oil at a rate some say is more than 210,000 gallons a day. Experts estimate the magnitude of the disaster may be much bigger and more damaging to the environment than the crude oil supertanker Exxon Valdez accident off of Alaska March 24, 1989 .

Hundreds of billions of dollars are expected to be lost, the Gulf fishing industry destroyed and oil production for the United States significantly disrupted.

The US economy, still reeling in a state of severe recession, is now being assaulted on multiple fronts: the impact on the fishing industry, depleted oil production, less gasoline and diesel production, disrupted natural gas production and the mammoth cost of the long term clean-up -- a task that cannot begin until the oil flow has been stopped.

Some speculate cutting off the oil flow may take up to three months creating the greatest ecological catastrophe in history, if the time line holds true.

Now as SKorea vows retaliation for NKorea's act of war, evidence has surfaced that NKorea may have deployed the same type of armed military submersible against Deepwater Horizon.

Facts have also emerged that Hyandai Heavy Industries of Seoul, South Korea built the rig at a cost of $1 billion and despite insurance may have to write off significant losses. The oil rig explosion also has repercussions for the SKorean economy.

So with one attack, NKorea could have dealt a serious blow to two of its greatest enemies.

According to some reports, suspicion has fallen on a NKorean merchant vessel, the Dai Hong Dan, that left a port in Cuba the night of April 18th. The merchant vessel is the class of ship that intelligence agencies have long known can be fitted for -- and has carried in the past -- NKorea's two-man mini-submarines.
    http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=91333
    ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
    2) Enjoy playing it
    3) Enjoy sharing it
    4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

As much as I love debunking conspiracy theories, it would take too long just to point out the factual errors in this article.

I wish we could pin the blame for this on Greenpeace or some other terrorist organization; but it's looking more and more like the mother-of-all invocations of Murphy's Law.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      As much as I love debunking conspiracy theories, it would take too long just to point out the factual errors in this article.

I wish we could pin the blame for this on Greenpeace or some other terrorist organization; but it's looking more and more like the mother-of-all invocations of Murphy's Law.
      Yep, What he said.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are under-water robots going over the whole thing in detail. If Trans Ocean could show evidence that it was not their fault it would be front page news.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

"Anything that could go wrong, will go wrong" And it did.
          "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
          -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

North Koreans pffft!

Everyone knows it was the Canadians.
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
              Everyone knows it was the Canadians.
              Looks like our oilsands aren't that dirty, after all.
              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
              2) Enjoy playing it
              3) Enjoy sharing it
              4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Well,conspiracy theories can be fun.And if this one were to be true,I'd consider it a nukable offense.But I really don't think so.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Gas Hydrides blowout. No UFOs, no Koreans. Lots of little green men though from BP.
                  My amatuer websites (still works in progress)

http://sites.google.com/site/junkersju390/home

http://sites.google.com/site/heinkel277/

https://sites.google.com/site/naziabomb/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                    Prawn heads
                    by Karri
                    How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                    Today, 11:40
                  • Jose50
                    Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                    by Jose50
                    Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                    Today, 08:41
                  • Von Richter
                    Sagittarius Rising...
                    by Von Richter
                    Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                    Today, 01:19
                  Working...
                  X