Kim Jon Un

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Jon Un

Kim Jon Un, the dictator of North Korea, declared in his New Years-speech in Pjoeng-
    jang that he wants a peaceful union between his state and South Korea. He spoke even that he will attampt a concilation with South Korea. "The removeal of the confrontation between North Korea and South Korea is an important point to overwhelm the division of the whole country," Kim Jon Un said further.
    Last edited by casanova; 02 Jan 13, 14:21.

Of course we have to be careful, but frankly I think we definitely should send some positive signals back, maybe even some material aid. After all, we do not want the message to be "reconciliatory talk will get you nowhere, if you want anything from us, build more nukles and shell our towns", would we?
    Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
    Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
    USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt will travel to North Korea

From: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...68afbc96977083

This part was interesting, and a little surprising:

Last year, a group of North Koreans even visited Google headquarters in Mountain View, California.
      Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

This picture leaves me speechless. What happens when they run out of space for medals?
        Attached Files
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
          This picture leaves me speechless. What happens when they run out of space for medals?
          And how many of them did they actually earn, you wonder?

The more medals, the bigger the phony.
          You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
            And how many of them did they actually earn, you wonder?

The more medals, the bigger the phony.
            I'd assume it's a sign of favour - the more medals, the less likely you are to be dragged off in the middle of the night. Well, maybe that's a bit of hyperbole, but I'm sure that every time an honours list comes out it is scanned intently so that everyone can tell who is favoured and who is on the outer.

Did you only get a bronze star to add to your "The Kim's are cool" medal when a general of your standing and experience should have got at least a gold star and an autographed picture of Kim Fat Bastard? Watch as all of your friends and allies stay away from you at official functions. Marvel as your grandchildren begin following you around with a camera and notepad. Can you say "re-education"? I knew you could.
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I would guess that those medals are from the Korean War. The only other campaign that NKs were confirmed to take part in after that were as advisors in Africa during the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypaspist View Post
                I would guess that those medals are from the Korean War. The only other campaign that NKs were confirmed to take part in after that were as advisors in Africa during the 70's.
                Maybe, but those officers pictured would have been very junior officers in that war.(if they're old enough at all to have fought in it) They couldn't have earned all of that tinsel then. I'd like to see some of the citations that accompany the medals. Probably good for a laugh.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                  Maybe, but those officers pictured would have been very junior officers in that war.(if they're old enough at all to have fought in it) They couldn't have earned all of that tinsel then. I'd like to see some of the citations that accompany the medals. Probably good for a laugh.
                  Yeah, and we think the phony Vietnam veterans and their fruit salad are bad.
                  You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Not defending them, but I have 7 Army Achievement Medals, 4 Army Commendation Medals, 2 Good Conduct Medals, 2 Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals (Desert Fox and Joint Forge), and a Korea Defense Service Medal - none of which were for wartime service.

I have medals for wartime service as well, but nowhere near the number I have for non-combat service. You don't only get awarded medals during wartime..
                    Кто там?
                    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                      Not defending them, but I have 7 Army Achievement Medals, 4 Army Commendation Medals, 2 Good Conduct Medals, 2 Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals (Desert Fox and Joint Forge), and a Korea Defense Service Medal - none of which were for wartime service.

I have medals for wartime service as well, but nowhere near the number I have for non-combat service. You don't only get awarded medals during wartime..
                      Sure, but when you've run out of room on the tunic and you've started pinning to your pants then maybe things have gone a step to far.
                      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Josh are they still giving the Good Conduct Medal for NOT catching VD in a certain period of service?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Josh are they still giving the Good Conduct Medal for NOT catching VD in a certain period of service?

Pruitt

That wasn't the reason I got mine. It was for 3 years of service and no disciplinary actions against me.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The Canadian Equivalent it takes 12 years of virtuous service (no disciplinary actions).

Otherwise the only other non-combat medals i have seen are the Queen Jubilee Medals.

It is common to see CF members without medals, considering that they either have to be in 12+ years or have deployed overseas.

If you see a member with 5 or more you are probably looking into the eyes of a somebody who you will probably soon regret looking into their eyes - ie Sergeant Majors and the like.
                            God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
                              I think its just for not getting kicked out! I had a soldier busted down from E-4 to E-2 get one
                              Кто там?
                              Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                              Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X