No announcement yet.

Two suspected 2010 North Korea nuclear “tests” probably never happened: study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two suspected 2010 North Korea nuclear “tests” probably never happened: study

This one caught my eye. Would the DPRK fake a nuclear test? I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

It is generally accepted that North Korea has carried out at least two nuclear test explosions, in 2006 and 2009, with the second test — thought to be in the range of about two to four kilotons — was five times more powerful than the first; this spring, a Swedish scientist sparked international concern when he said that radioactive particles detected in 2010 showed North Korea had set off at least two small nuclear blasts that year; now, a new paper says the tests likely never took place — or that if they did, they were too tiny to have any military significance.
    http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire....happened-study
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Yes! Yes! Yes! My position all along, even when I was in Korea as an analyst. Too late, I am now long retired and enjoying it! For the record, there were other mid-level analysts who doubted the nuclear 'tests'.

For the record, I also gave Jong-il about eighteen months to go around 2005. So, I wasn't exactly batting one thousand. (Cost me an expensive bottle of Scotch. A salute to Chuck J., wherever he is.)
    dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X