Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Should US Deal with China Long-term?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ricthofen View Post
    Now, the US is reassuming its old bullying ways frequently, and though stoppable, few really care. China, however, is friendly to Pakistan, and any such illegal attack by the US would not be passed off, but responded to swiftly, decisively, and with crushing force.
    You guys never have any trouble justifying anti-US propaganda no matter how many lies you have to build it on, do you?

    Osama had been living in Pakistan for a decade, 6 years in a compound just around the corner from Pakistan's main Military College. We give Pakistan 3 BILLION per year to help us win the war against his creatures, and the Paks obviously viewed this as Bakshesh and looked the other way when it came to Osama and his boys.
    Illegal attack?
    Looks like the alliance between the Hard-Left and the Islamo-Fascists is an established fact now, given how one is always cheering for the other.

    and what "crushing force" is China capable of throwing at the US?
    what high-teck, high quality goods does China export?
    Don't count on China to destroy America's economy for you, Red, your team was hoping the same for Japan and look what happened to them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
      You guys never have any trouble justifying anti-US propaganda no matter how many lies you have to build it on, do you?

      Osama had been living in Pakistan for a decade, 6 years in a compound just around the corner from Pakistan's main Military College. We give Pakistan 3 BILLION per year to help us win the war against his creatures, and the Paks obviously viewed this as Bakshesh and looked the other way when it came to Osama and his boys.
      Illegal attack?
      Looks like the alliance between the Hard-Left and the Islamo-Fascists is an established fact now, given how one is always cheering for the other.

      and what "crushing force" is China capable of throwing at the US?
      what high-teck, high quality goods does China export?
      Don't count on China to destroy America's economy for you, Red, your team was hoping the same for Japan and look what happened to them.
      Pakistan was holding Osama, sure, but they weren't directly supporting terror efforts. That still gives the US no justification to attack because Pakistan harbored one man.

      Crushing force meaning the world's largest army of professionally-trained soldiers, decently-modern technology, and an economy not hopelessly in debt and falling apart.

      Claiming the US could even hope to win against both Pakistan and China, or even just China alone. in any war there, is ridiculous. The slightest notion of war means trade cut-offs with China for the US, which means the fragile threads the American economy is hanging on will be severed.

      Comment


      • Does anyone here KNOW the level of complicity of the Pakistani gov't. regarding OBL? Just to note, just because he was hiding there one can't immediately say they're harboring his kind. One only has to look at how many "WANTED" people are in the US; we can't say the US is harboring criminals and perverts, can we?

        Also, I don't see China (no matter it has the largest army) having the capability of "crushing" the US anytime soon (nor in the near fututre, nor for some time to come). Militarily, the US is way ahead of ANY country, and decades away from where China is right now.
        "We have no white flag."

        Comment


        • I love it. A German accusing the US of being the old bully.

          ...and just how, pray tell, is China going to recoup it's lent money if it finds itself in a war with the US? That money can be written off but for good.

          ...and wasn't it Obama himself declaring during the Presidential campaign that he had no respect for Pakistani sovereignty? Who was standing around in enormous crowds cheering then? It wasn't me...

          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          Groucho Marx

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
            Also, I don't see China (no matter it has the largest army) having the capability of "crushing" the US anytime soon (nor in the near fututre, nor for some time to come). Militarily, the US is way ahead of ANY country, and decades away from where China is right now.
            Don't speak so soon. Only time will tell whether the PLA will crush the puny US Army or not. Neither the US nor China has been engaged in a large, conventional war for quite some time, so it's impossible to say one is so much better than the other.

            If I were to bet, however, my money would go to China.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ricthofen View Post
              Don't speak so soon. Only time will tell whether the PLA will crush the puny US Army or not. Neither the US nor China has been engaged in a large, conventional war for quite some time, so it's impossible to say one is so much better than the other.

              If I were to bet, however, my money would go to China.
              Of course it would.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              Groucho Marx

              Comment


              • Don't forget China's most important ally:
                Russia!
                Anybody ever heard of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation?
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangha...n_Organization

                The Warsaw Pact replacement, An alliance between China, Russia, Kazakhstan,
                Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
                Observer States (that are negotiating membership):
                India, Iran, Mongolia, Pakistan.
                And to top it off? Afghanistan that's right old Karzai has applied for membership as well (so long and thanks NATO )

                http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20110516/164058413.html
                http://www.thehindu.com/news/interna...cle2021578.ece
                • 'If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.' Sun Tzu

                Definition of government, "an institution which prevents injustice other than such as it commits itself" by Ibn Khaldun

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tealo View Post
                  Don't forget China's most important ally:
                  Russia!
                  Anybody ever heard of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation?
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangha...n_Organization

                  The Warsaw Pact replacement, An alliance between China, Russia, Kazakhstan,
                  Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
                  Observer States (that are negotiating membership):
                  India, Iran, Mongolia, Pakistan.
                  And to top it off? Afghanistan that's right old Karzai has applied for membership as well (so long and thanks NATO )

                  http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20110516/164058413.html
                  http://www.thehindu.com/news/interna...cle2021578.ece
                  Pah, I know of a better shadow than your puny shade





                  RULE BRITANNIA
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                  Comment


                  • 110 years hence...

                    China is nearing its peak along it's current economic model. You are already seeing factories move to even LOWER wage nations like Vietnam. The new normal global wage rate is somewhere BELOW $3 an hour, press that limit and the multi national corporations will go elsewhere to protect their profit margins...The same has occured in post NAFTA Mexico.

                    If the Chinese economy grew permenantly at 10%, and the US at ZERO %, in the year 2121- China finally equals the US current standard of living! They are well over a century behind the West. (US average wage is $22 per hour, China $2...)
                    Last edited by american1975; 31 May 11, 03:28.
                    If war is Hell, why was the Eastern Front so damned cold??!!

                    Comment


                    • Well, that's not gonna happen as it seems China's GDP growth has slowed down to single digits (thankfully so, as inflation has been playing hell with their economy).
                      "We have no white flag."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ricthofen View Post
                        China also holds almost all of the Western world in debt. They didn't get such monumental amounts of cash to lend by simply selling junk.
                        .
                        The relationship is entirely symbiotic

                        Comment


                        • What a mess!

                          I am not sure where to start on something like this thread. I see many of the leftist myths about China are firmly rooted in the minds of some people here.

                          ASEAN ...the org. of Southeast Asian nations has clearly indicated they see the USA as a stabilizing force in this region. China is seen as the threat to stability by these countries. Correctly so, I will add.

                          Tibet and Inner Mongolia are two examples of Chinese aggression. The people there are forced to learn Chinese and marry Chinese and the old policy of importing lots of Chinese people into these areas is in full effect. The unrest in these areas rarely makes to western media outlets.

                          Chinese maps already indicate Taiwan as part of mainland China and any citizen will happily tell you, "everybody knows Taiwan is part of China"...whenever you hear everybody knows, you are about to hear a bit of propaganda here. A point of future aggresion.

                          The standard of living in China...it has improved but the average person here lives in a cold water flat with no heat in the winter. They have been conditioned not to run the heater if they have one. China is very aware of the problems in feeding and supporting 1.44 billion people.

                          The coastal regions of China in no way reflect the interior of China. Pollution is terrible. Many of the kids here don't know the sky is supposed to be blue, they think white is the normal color. Contaminants in the food supply and regulation of it is a huge struggle, especially since most of the food producers are small manufacturers operating largely uninspected factories. Note: a chinese factory is just a building where near slave labor is taking place...there are no controls set in place for hygiene or sanitation...this is true of most of mainland China. It is a dirty place.

                          China owns about 27% of the the two thirds of our debt we allow to be foreign-owned. So, about 18% of the total...hardly gives them control of us.

                          Academic fraud is rampant and perhaps even encouraged. Everything is fake here including the education. China graduates are becoming less and less attractive in certain parts of the world due to their lack of real training. They graduated 100,000 engineers last year but when they want something done, they bring in the German engineers. Hmm, looks like you lot are good for something besides beer-making...and attempting world conquest every 40 0r 50 years or so...

                          The whole country is one big Orwellian experiment in mind control...hmm, no wonder they are so popular with the liberal types...

                          Mainland China is a place devoid of law, order, common courtesy or civilized behavior.

                          The Chinese have a saying that explains them...Bully the weak, fear the strong...that is who they are...
                          I smell Troll...too bad the ignore list can't get rid of that

                          Comment


                          • Thanks for posting, Dan, I was hoping someone who had been there would have something to say here.

                            Comment


                            • Tibet and Inner Mongolia are two examples of Chinese aggression. The people there are forced to learn Chinese and marry Chinese and the old policy of importing lots of Chinese people into these areas is in full effect. The unrest in these areas rarely makes to western media outlets.
                              I'll refrain from commenting/agreeing/disagreeing to your other points, but regarding the above quoted, can you prove or otherwise cite some sources?
                              "We have no white flag."

                              Comment


                              • During the Ming Dynasty, as a way to be protected from Han Chinese prejudice, the Hui must marry, speak, and dress Chinese. The Hui comes from Arab, Persian, Central Asian, and Mongol origins.
                                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                                "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X