China To Stage Live-Fire Military Exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China To Stage Live-Fire Military Exercises

Coincedental? Statement being made. Posturing? could have already been scheduled.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php...83&c=ASI&s=SEA

Oh, please, China.

Both China and the US stage military exercises simulating each other as the potential enemy. It would be insanity not to consider that military capabilities of the largest capability in the region should one have to go to war.
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
      Oh, please, China.

Both China and the US stage military exercises simulating each other as the potential enemy. It would be insanity not to consider that military capabilities of the largest capability in the region should one have to go to war.
      What did you say?

WOW!!!

It makes sense.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

An alternative interpretation?

What if the intended audience was not the US/ROK but the DPRK?
        Lose translation, "Get your act together or we'll do it for you."
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Possible Mr. Coyote but that then begs the question are they ready to assimilate 10 million and bear the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
            Possible Mr. Coyote but that then begs the question are they ready to assimilate 10 million and bear the costs.
            Not clear on that one. China provides an unknown level of aid already so we are really talking about the additional marginal cost of installing a puppet regime under PRC control.

In all honesty, I was only pointing out that to assume this was case of increasing Sino-American tension was to not look at all the possibilities. Beyond that I'm speculating just like everyone else.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
              Not clear on that one. China provides an unknown level of aid already so we are really talking about the additional marginal cost of installing a puppet regime under PRC control.

In all honesty, I was only pointing out that to assume this was case of increasing Sino-American tension was to not look at all the possibilities. Beyond that I'm speculating just like everyone else.
              Granted. And the politcal machinations behind that have been on-going since 45.

What your proposing is a more moderate, hardline puppet state. Still willing to mouth the rhetoric as required but not demonstrative posturing. Possible. But likely?

Depends on the PRC viewpoint and whether they value all them T-bills they own.

TD

Comment

Or it could be a "gentle" reminder that the PRC is there to ensure the peace is kept, so as to keep one person's paranoia in check, or at least under control?
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X