Life in Cambodia Starts Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in Cambodia Starts Young

I took this photo on a stopover side trip in Cambodia when outbound from Indonesia. There is no adult in the boat. Life starts young.

The only Cambo scene that shocked me (besides all the mangled up beggars) was K-11.

Comment

Yup...

We folks in the West have forgotten what kids can do. I guess maybe it's better the kids don't get that kind of responsibility, but I'd like more of a balance between the two extremes.

I was struck by the same thing when I lived in Vietnam. You'd see a nine or ten year old pedaling a too big bicycle with two little siblings on it. Or a very young girl taking care of a baby.

I suppose throughout most of mankind's history that's how it has been. If you could do it, you did.

We always enjoyed visiting Cambodia. Where else in the area did you go?
      Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

At K11 the 10 and 12 yr old Viet girls were working as Ho's. A whole ***** area openly selling child sex. Preten Viet girls sold by their olds into whoredom as bonded labour. Pretty shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sino Invasion View Post
          We folks in the West have forgotten what kids can do. I guess maybe it's better the kids don't get that kind of responsibility, but I'd like more of a balance between the two extremes.

I was struck by the same thing when I lived in Vietnam. You'd see a nine or ten year old pedaling a too big bicycle with two little siblings on it. Or a very young girl taking care of a baby.

I suppose throughout most of mankind's history that's how it has been. If you could do it, you did.

We always enjoyed visiting Cambodia. Where else in the area did you go?
          Agreed, we have gotten too soft. Nevertheless, things I did in my youth I would have shuddered to have my son do. Let him enjoy his youth, he's in the army now. Now he can catch up via the ugliness of war.

In Cambodia, Siem Reap (Angor Wat & ruins), and PP.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie3rar View Post
            The only Cambo scene that shocked me (besides all the mangled up beggars) was K-11.
            You mean like landmine victims?

Comment

The mangled up beggars looked like they'd been hit with more than a mine blast. I remember one poor bastard who had lost both arms and his entire face was gone, eyes, nose, everything.From the side his head looked like a crescent moon, where his face had been was carved out concave, all he had left was a hole where his mouth once was. That poor sod used to be guided around the traps by a little kid. Other ones were survivors of horrific burns that had consumed their arms and heads. How they survived was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie3rar View Post
                The mangled up beggars looked like they'd been hit with more than a mine blast. I remember one poor bastard who had lost both arms and his entire face was gone, eyes, nose, everything.From the side his head looked like a crescent moon, where his face had been was carved out concave, all he had left was a hole where his mouth once was. That poor sod used to be guided around the traps by a little kid. Other ones were survivors of horrific burns that had consumed their arms and heads. How they survived was incredible.
                Yep, lot of war damage hobbling around the streets of PP. Seen much similar in Luanda, Angola.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X