Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any foreign national criticising China, will be arrested

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any foreign national criticising China, will be arrested

    In Details:

    Any foreign national criticising China, will be arrested if he enters Hongkong / China.

    Criticised China On Social Media? You May Be Arrested In Hong Kong

    This unprecedented extra-territorial application of the law means that if an Indian citizen sitting in India says something overly critical of the Chinese government on Twitter (which can fall under the definition of subversion), they could be arrested if they ever travel to Hong Kong for a holiday/work trip.

    Welcome to the First Reich of Middle Kingdom.

    https://www.thequint.com/amp/story/n...al-application


    Hong Kong was once a home for critics of Beijing. Now they might not even be safe at the airport

    By Ben Westcott, CNN.

    Updated 8:45 PM EDT, Fri July 03, 2020.

    Hong Kong(CNN)A year ago, Chinese-Australian dissident artist Badiucao was searching for a place in Hong Kong to display some of his political works, many of which are critical of the Chinese Communist Party.

    Now he says he wouldn't even transfer through Hong Kong airport for fear of being arrested under the city's new national security law.

    That's because the legislation, which came into effect late Tuesday,doesn't only clamp down on freedoms at home. It also puts foreign citizens who criticize the Chinese government anywhere in the world at risk of jail if they even set foot in the city -- even if they are just transiting through the airport.

    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/03/a...hnk/index.html

    Now I came to know, why people are so afraid of PRC..........

  • #2
    Quite a legal precedent, and I'm not sure how defensible it would be in the World Court.

    OTH, maybe we should do that and start arresting all of the terrorists "just passing through".

    It's a world gone crazy.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Easy peasy. Don’t go there.
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

      That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

      Comment


      • #4
        The CCP has already abducted people outside China (Thailand) and spirited them to China for... disappearance.

        So, to begin with, don't be Chinese – and it is the CCP that decides who is and who isn't, and who the laws apply to, and where.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
          In Details:

          Any foreign national criticising China, will be arrested if he enters Hongkong / China.

          Criticised China On Social Media? You May Be Arrested In Hong Kong

          This unprecedented extra-territorial application of the law means that if an Indian citizen sitting in India says something overly critical of the Chinese government on Twitter (which can fall under the definition of subversion), they could be arrested if they ever travel to Hong Kong for a holiday/work trip.

          Welcome to the First Reich of Middle Kingdom.

          https://www.thequint.com/amp/story/n...al-application


          Hong Kong was once a home for critics of Beijing. Now they might not even be safe at the airport

          By Ben Westcott, CNN.

          Updated 8:45 PM EDT, Fri July 03, 2020.

          Hong Kong(CNN)A year ago, Chinese-Australian dissident artist Badiucao was searching for a place in Hong Kong to display some of his political works, many of which are critical of the Chinese Communist Party.

          Now he says he wouldn't even transfer through Hong Kong airport for fear of being arrested under the city's new national security law.

          That's because the legislation, which came into effect late Tuesday,doesn't only clamp down on freedoms at home. It also puts foreign citizens who criticize the Chinese government anywhere in the world at risk of jail if they even set foot in the city -- even if they are just transiting through the airport.

          https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/03/a...hnk/index.html

          Now I came to know, why people are so afraid of PRC..........
          Best avoid China..
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

          Comment


          • #6
            British Citizen, Hong Kong media mogul Jimmy Lai, 71, was arrested on Monday and the office of his newspaper Apple Daily was raided by police. Since protests against Hong Kong’s national security law began last year, Lai has prominently supported the pro-democracy movement. Hong Kong police said Lai had been charged with “violating the territory’s new national security law.”

            Lai is a citizen of the United Kingdom but was born in Guangzhou, China. According to a BBC profile, at age 12, Lai fled his village in mainland China, and reached Hong Kong as a stowaway on a fishing boat.

            According to China’s Global Times, two of Lai’s sons and two senior executives of Next Digital have also been arrested by Hong Kong police.

            https://indianexpress.com/article/ex...-6549143/lite/

            Comment


            • #7
              In spite of all China's world political posturings, the country has not progressed beyond that of a police state.
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, this isn't surprising. A sane world would treat the PRC about like the rest of the world treats the DPRK. But our globalist elites insist on pretending the are part of the civilized community of nations. It's akin to treating the abusive, wife-beating alcoholic differently when he is rich instead of poor.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 82redleg View Post
                  It's akin to treating the abusive, wife-beating alcoholic differently when he is rich instead of poor.
                  Yeah, that's how it goes. Has always gone. DPRK has nothing to give to the world, China is an entirely different matter. I bet you still buy Chinese stuff despite demanding them to be treated like DPRK.
                  Wisdom is personal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Karri View Post

                    Yeah, that's how it goes. Has always gone. DPRK has nothing to give to the world, China is an entirely different matter. I bet you still buy Chinese stuff despite demanding them to be treated like DPRK.
                    Not intentionally. I'm sure I've purchased Chinese stuff, but would choose not to. I think that my country could replace Chinese production even now- a different set of decisions in the early 1970s would make it much easier.

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X