No announcement yet.

China and the coronavirus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another batch of infections aboard the cruise liner, all sitting at the same dining table. Th people in charge of isolating this are idiots. You do NOT isolate the healthy with the sick.

Meanwhile, China has another excuse to clamp down on its own citizens.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I'm starting to get concerned. My company just cancelled all travel to Asia until this thing run its course.
      Many ways to get from Asia to America and everywhere else, especially into America with its non-existent borders.

Comment

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            And this is the doctor's youtube channel they're referring to. Quite a lot of info to gather but he updates frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisMa...ndotcom/videos
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-ne...-from-tuesday/

“We are building on a kind of ‘passe-partout’ technology that we have developed,” said research leader and professor of virology Johan Neyts, reports De Standaard. The technology was initially intended to create a new vaccine against yellow fever, but can also be used against other pathogens.

The technology is modular: researchers can exchange the ‘yellow fever’ module for that of other viral diseases, hoping to prevent them as well. “In our lab, we have already succeeded with the viruses for rabies, ebola and zika,” said Neyts. Attempts to build in a coronavirus module are in full swing, and animal testing could begin in a few weeks’ time.
              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

I used to watch those guys all the time. I thought they would have been deported by now, that kind of honesty is not appreciated over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post

I used to watch those guys all the time. I thought they would have been deported by now, that kind of honesty is not appreciated over there.
                  I thought the same thing. But according to this article it eventually caught up with them, plus how much they were treated as outsiders caused them to move on.
                  https://web.archive.org/web/20190728...n/news/3579520
                  Last edited by Achtung Baby; 11 Feb 20, 23:43.
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

If the country is going down the drain hole, speak out and it will take you down with it.

A citizen journalist who has been critically reporting on Beijing's handling of the coronavirus crisis from the city of Wuhan has been missing for almost a week, according to his family.
                    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...wuhan/11953842
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

I thought the same thing. But according to this article it eventually court up with them, plus how much they were treated as outsiders caused them to move on.
                      https://web.archive.org/web/20190728...n/news/3579520
                      I'm glad that they and their wives & children made it out.

Taiwan makes sense, if their primary skill-set is their mastery of the language. I just hope their kids are not subject to the same sort of issues in twenty or thirty years.

China + Happy does not seem to be a likely equation in this or any other period of history, not for the average person under a central authority in that country.

Comment

Close to 1500 deaths now, officially.
                        That is a whopping big increase over this time last week, isn't it?
                        This could be major.

Comment

Most of the cases still seem to remain within China, despite how easily the virus spreads. Confinement doesn't appear to reduce the spread much because it seems to be highly contagious and more infectious than previously thought, as the people on the cruise ship are finding out.
                          The other issue is businesses, with so much reliance on China for manufacturing things will have to start rolling again or else the consequences will be dire around the globe. This doesn't seem to be taking up much news realestate, and the WHO seem to be trying hard to stop innuendo... both seem to be trying to downplay the situation.
                          Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Another batch of infections aboard the cruise liner, all sitting at the same dining table. Th people in charge of isolating this are idiots. You do NOT isolate the healthy with the sick.

Meanwhile, China has another excuse to clamp down on its own citizens.
                            Not sure about that. Aboard Diamond Princess, at least, people are confined to their cabins and food is brought to them by suitably dressed crew members.
                            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Not sure about that. Aboard Diamond Princess, at least, people are confined to their cabins and food is brought to them by suitably dressed crew members.
                              Who then travel back through the areas inhabited by the non-infected passengers as they return the trays to the common kitchen area.

Protocol for isolation is very specific. You do not isolate sick with not sick, period.

I used to do this stuff for a living with a virus that was 100% fatal at the time.

Comment

In China, they're offering bounties for people to dob in suspected infected victims to be rounded up and be placed in quarantine stations. $300 in Beijing and reports of $80 in other provinces.

Some early reports think smokers are more susceptible to the virus, if true, Russia will have a big problem on their hands if it spreads rapidly there.
                                Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X