Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Australia

    This Koala Bear hast overlived the bushfire. It's now raining and the Koala is durchging for water. 20200120_054628.jpg

  • #2
    Best way for them to drink water, apparently one must not pour water down their throat.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
      Best way for them to drink water, apparently one must not pour water down their throat.
      I read that as well, plus they usually don't need to drink as eucalyptus leaves are normally enough water for them anyway. Except in very hot conditions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by casanova View Post
        This Koala Bear hast overlived the bushfire. It's now raining and the Koala is durchging for water. 20200120_054628.jpg
        Your concern is commendable: but please don't call a Koala a "bear".
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

        Comment


        • #5
          At least the drop bear joke still works, one reporter was fooled.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            Best way for them to drink water, apparently one must not pour water down their throat.
            drinking upside down?
            Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
            Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
            Barbarossa Derailed I & II
            Battle of Kalinin October 1941

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              At least the drop bear joke still works, one reporter was fooled.
              I had to look for that one

              220px-Dropbear.jpg

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear
              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                I have been proudly displaying Australia's deadliest marsupial as my avatar for many, many years.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                  I have been proudly displaying Australia's deadliest marsupial as my avatar for many, many years.
                  So you have, yes.

                  The significance of the fangs escaped me, I figured it was just an angry koala
                  Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

                    So you have, yes.

                    The significance of the fangs escaped me, I figured it was just an angry koala
                    Not angry, just hungry.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X