X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to middle ages

Welcome to middle ages.
    Man Flogged For Pre-Marital Sex, Faints, Revived To Finish Punishment

World Agence France-Presse Aceh is the only region in Indonesia, the world's biggest Muslim-majority country, that imposes religious law.

Indonesia:
    An Indonesian man who fainted as he was being whipped for pre-marital sex Thursday was revived to receive the rest of his punishment before being rushed to hospital.

Despite international condemnation, public flogging is common for a range of offences banned under local Islamic law in the conservative Aceh region on Sumatra island, including gambling, drinking alcohol, and having
    gay or pre-marital sex.

Aceh is the only region in Indonesia, the world's biggest Muslim-majority country, that imposes religious law.

The man had been found guilty of having sex with a woman who was also sentenced to 100 lashes outside a mosque in Aceh Timur district, along with another man she had relations with.

Some 500 jeering spectators watched the punishment as some yelled "harder, harder".

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/man-...ome-topstories

Barbarism.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I'm curious - do you have "middle ages" in India ?

Here we generally regard the period between the fall of the Western Roman empire (ca. 5th century) and the Eastern Roman empire (+/- fall of Constantinople to the Turks) as the Middle Ages.

Neither of those "events" seems very significant to India (or Indonesia for that matter) ?

How does that work over there ?
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 06 Dec 19, 05:13.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          I'm curious - do you have "middle ages" in India ?

Here we generally regard the period between the fall of the Western Roman empire (ca. 5th century) and the Eastern Roman empire (+/- fall of Constantinople to the Turks) as the Middle Ages.

Neither of those events seems very significant to India (or Indonesia for that matter) ?

How does that work over there ?
          Yes.

Some people want to bring back Islamic middle age back to India.

The Hijab / Purdah / head gear for women in India arrived with Islam.

Hindu's. Buddhist, Jain , Jews , Christian, Zorastrian,s lived nicely. With many non believer's sect.

Comment

So the Middle Ages there start with the Islamic conquest ?

That's what ca. 13th century ?

Flogging someone for "pre-marital" sex is not something typically associated with the Middle Ages here, I'd dare say it was pretty normal, not a punishable offense….
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 06 Dec 19, 05:42.

Comment

We had 3 stages.

Hindu Kingdom s

Islamic invasion and subsequent sultanate s

Later middle age with Hindu and Sikh revival with side by side arrivals of Early European s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_India

A brief description

Comment

Definitions of the period itself vary widely, and partly for this reason, many historians now prefer to avoid the term completely.[1]
                Thanks for that

Comment

So the Middle Ages there start with the Islamic conquest ?

That's what ca. 13th century ?

Flogging someone for "pre-marital" sex is not something typically associated with the Middle Ages here, I'd dare say it was pretty normal, not a punishable offense….
                  Pre marital / post marital sex was quite normal in middle ages in India.

Erotic Scholarly works like Kamsutra is from this period only.

Khajuraho Temples is from middle ages before arrival of Islam.

Islam destroyed the beautiful India that was.

Comment

Also, I'm entirely not sure most people even made the effort to marry to have sex, marriage had to do with inheritance, not sex,

that's a Middle East invention, and the results show, even today.

No land, no marriage, just sex

Comment

Some countries still prefers to insist on practices which are condemned in civilized countries.

https://listverse.com/2017/04/04/10-...acticed-today/

Comment

Also, I'm entirely not sure most people even made the effort to marry to have sex, marriage had to do with inheritance, not sex,

that's a Middle East invention, and the results show, even today.

No land, no marriage, just sex
                        Still gotta figure out what to do with the kids. Even with Europe's fertility lower than a gopher's basement, I'm sure that that's still an issue in places as oh-so sophisticated as Belgium, no?
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post

Holy Rollers, Vikram- you Indian blokes sure know how to advertise Church Services!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                            Barbarism.
                            I assume that you mean Barbarianism- although the
                            Barbar of my Childhood appears to have Backslid - somewhat....

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post

It took two or three hundred years to build a European Gothic cathedral.

How long did it take to do all that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X