Chinese police patrol in Italy to make tourists feel safer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese police patrol in Italy to make tourists feel safer

First time ever Chinese Police will be patrolling with Italian Police Officer in the Streets of Rome and Milan. This is done at Italian Interior Minister Request to make Chinese Tourists feel safer.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/internat...ese-police.htm

Interesting indeed.
    Nice is heavy on my mind.
    I pray and wish the best for France.

Did they feel unsafe?
    "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
      Did they feel unsafe?
      Anyone that watched Bruce Lee movies know that Chinese are beaten, harassed, and extorted by White and Black Americans in Italy!
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Hahaha

But seriously, if they felt unsafe, one wouldn't know it based on the growing number of Chinese tourists there.
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

Seems reet daft to me - if this becomes the norm will we see NYPD on the streets of London, British Bobbies in Miami and the Costa del Sol? Gendarmes patrolling Stratford on Avon?

Mind you there are parts of the world where the local police can be the biggest threat
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Yet not unheard of for specific purposes,

football teams with troublesome supporters are always accompanied by local police when they go abroad, and every year here during the Gent Festival some Dutch police is brought in to deal with drunk Dutchmen.

Belgian/French patrols to deal with cross border crime etc..

The notable thing here is of course they are Chinese, how do they make themselves understood to Italians ?
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              Yet not unheard of for specific purposes,

football teams with troublesome supporters are always accompanied by local police when they go abroad, and every year here during the Gent Festival some Dutch police is brought in to deal with drunk Dutchmen.

Belgian/French patrols to deal with cross border crime etc..

The notable thing here is of course they are Chinese, how do they make themselves understood to Italians ?
              The item said they could speak Italian
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Ah sorry missed that.

Strange, seems to be a Italian initiative rather than a Chinese one.

The Chinese, who speak Italian, received training from Italian officials in Beijing. Three million Chinese tourists visit Italy annually.
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Well, the Italians refuse to summarily execute Chinese tourists, so the PRC had no choice.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                    Did they feel unsafe?
                    Well, with the place being over-run by African mobs... or whatever Chinese media is saying is going on over there, yeah, seems problematical.

But it is an interesting form of Imperialism, Chinese cops having jurisdiction in Italy. Its not just a matter of rolling over for the tourist money, that whole continent has no sense of it's own worth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Well, with the place being over-run by African mobs... or whatever Chinese media is saying is going on over there, yeah, seems problematical.

But it is an interesting form of Imperialism, Chinese cops having jurisdiction in Italy. Its not just a matter of rolling over for the tourist money, that whole continent has no sense of it's own worth.
                      Where does it say they have jurisdiction?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Where does it say they have jurisdiction?
                        I expect there will be an agreement similar to the US SOFA, in which the Chinese police can assume control over their citizens unless the Italians object. This would save the Italians a great deal of money for dealing with mid-range crime.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Reading various sources it appears that there will be four of them spread across two cities. Their job is to allow Chinese tourists to report crimes which then will be passed on to Italian police. It appears that there has been a spate of pick pocketing by Italian gangs and Chinese tourists with little or no Italian are not always ready or even able to give details to the Italian cops. The trial will last about three or four weeks and as far as I can see the Chinese police are not expected to arrest or restrain anyone so jurisdiction is not an issue. According to a report a small scale trial has already been made in Paris.

Very small beer and nowt to make fuss about - overblown by some

Comment

Originally posted by MSGT MSC USAR View Post
                            First time ever Chinese Police will be patrolling with Italian Police Officer in the Streets of Rome and Milan. This is done at Italian Interior Minister Request to make Chinese Tourists feel safer.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/internat...ese-police.htm

Interesting indeed.
                            According to the article that I read, they will be posted in areas where there are large numbers of Chinese expats as opposed to tourists. With that being said, as a native Italian I am appalled. The idea of foreign cops in my native country does not sit well with me and I sincerely doubt that Italian people will be thrilled either.

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cronac...e-1253741.html
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Seems reet daft to me - if this becomes the norm will we see NYPD on the streets of London, British Bobbies in Miami and the Costa del Sol? Gendarmes patrolling Stratford on Avon?

Mind you there are parts of the world where the local police can be the biggest threat
                              Talk about the quintessential British understatement!!!
                              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X