Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese fighter jets seen on contested South China Sea island, evidence of Beijing's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese fighter jets seen on contested South China Sea island, evidence of Beijing's

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04...ntested-south-

Am I the only one that sees this article is irrelevant?

So what if Chinese deploys J-11 on Woody Island. They owned the island since 1955. There are more than 1400 people living on the island. There is hospital, light tower, post office, phone service, electricity service. Commercial Flights with an operational airports since 1990's. Why all the sudden we have a problem with Chinese have a couple fighter jets there?

There are only two other claimants, Vietnam and Taiwan. Taiwan has a perfect legal claim, but our screw up China Policy does not recognize the government from Taipei. One China Policy? Maybe should we re-establish US Embassy in Taipei? The other Vietnam, they did even exist back in 1955, what legal claim do they have. Paracel is no more closer to Vietnam then to China's Hainan Island. In fact Paracel Islands is 505km from Vietnam, and only 439km from Hainan Island.
    Nice is heavy on my mind.
    I pray and wish the best for France.

Well, as I've said before, proximity does not confer ownership. It cuts both ways.
    "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X