Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Shinjo Abe is a liar and an opportunist taking shots at China

http://apjjf.org/-dm_admin-Test/4380

"Previous defense white papers did not consider China’s gas field development a defense issue because the gas development is taking place on the Chinese side of the Japan-China median line of the East China Sea that Japan accepts as the boundary between the two countries exclusive economic zones (EEZ). However, on July 22 (the day after the insertion of the addendum), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs released photographs of sixteen Chinese marine platforms in the East China Sea, and the Chief Cabinet Secretary, Mr Suga, commented “it is extremely regrettable that China should conduct unilateral development of resources.”

The government is suddenly highlighting this issue because of the unexpectedly strong waves of public opposition to its security-related legislation; by appealing to a “China Threat” the government hopes to gain public “understanding” by grasping at straws.

Since around 10 years ago, in Japan there have been accusations that “China is drilling gas near the median line and siphoning off gas from the field that stretches underground to the Japanese side of the boundary.” A similar claim was made by Saddam Hussein when Kuwait began oil drilling operations in the Rumaila oil field near the border with Iraq. Accusing Kuwait of ‘stealing oil from Iraq’ he invaded Kuwait.

Abe’s Nonsensical Diplomacy

At that time, I wrote “It is Kuwait’s right to drill oil within its territory. Hussein is hurling false accusations.” But now that a similar issue has emerged in my own country, it seems that Hussein’s claim is not entirely incomprehensible. Yet, as in Hussein’s case, it is highly doubtful that other countries will accept such a claim from Japan today."

"Mr Abe said in his policy speech on February 12, 2015 that he will “strengthen our stable friendship from a broad perspective, while deepening dialogues at various levels, and rise to the expectations of the international community.” The “international community” here, of course, means the US. Mr Abe, acknowledging US wishes, has been making great efforts to improve Japan-China relations since the end of 2014. At the same time, as soon as his security legislation meets opposition, he appeals to China Threat Theory. His politics is utterly incoherent."
    Last edited by MSGT MSC USAR; 15 Mar 16, 13:35.
    Nice is heavy on my mind.
    I pray and wish the best for France.

Good for Abe!
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Good for Abe!

You are the same as Abe!

Comment

Originally posted by MSGT MSC USAR View Post
        http://apjjf.org/-dm_admin-Test/4380

"P

At that time, I wrote “It is Kuwait’s right to drill oil within its territory. Hussein is hurling false accusations.”
        Unfortunately you were wrong. Drilling technology now allows one to drill down and then along - into your neighbouring country's reservoir. That's what Kuwait was doing and so was Bahrain into Qatari fields. However it takes a certain technical capability and the Bahrainis nearly had a serious blow out as a result. However the Kuwaiti thefts were marginal and foolishly gave Sadaam the pretext he wanted. It seems almost everyone is at it and much may not be known at government level.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Unfortunately you were wrong. Drilling technology now allows one to drill down and then along - into your neighbouring country's reservoir. That's what Kuwait was doing and so was Bahrain into Qatari fields. However it takes a certain technical capability and the Bahrainis nearly had a serious blow out as a result. However the Kuwaiti thefts were marginal and foolishly gave Sadaam the pretext he wanted. It seems almost everyone is at it and much may not be known at government level.
          Right. You mean just like US is claiming freedom of navigation, so USN can use advance communication surveillance system tapping into Chinese PLN base in Hainan?

Comment

Well, instead of living in the past, I will look at the last 50 years, and how China is treating us vs. how Japan gets long with us.

Easy choice; good work, Abe!

Comment

I'm glad this thread was created. Reading more by Abe and others has illuminated a vast new area of PRC duplicity and dishonesty I was unaware of.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X