China Seeks ‘Hegemony’ in Asia: Adm. Harris, PACOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Seeks ‘Hegemony’ in Asia: Adm. Harris, PACOM

Someone finally pointed out that emperor is not wearing any clothes! Arguments can be made that the Navy is looking for funds but the fact is that Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (otherwise known as the Navy) always has a mission, and the PRC is justifying the requested monies admirably.

WASHINGTON: The gloves came off during today’s Senate Armed Services committee hearing on China and North Korea with Pacific Command’s Adm. Harry Harris saying that China seeks “hegemony in East Asia” and is unequivocally militarizing the South China Sea.

“In my opinion, China is clearly militarizing its position in the South China Sea. You’d have to believe in a flat earth to believe otherwise,” Harris told the committee this morning. But Chinese president Xi Jinping continues to claim that China is not militarizing the South China Sea, even though his regime is violating international law by building these islands in the first place, are building military-length runways on them and are stationing missiles and advanced radar sets on them.
    http://breakingdefense.com/2016/02/c...-harris-pacom/
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    Someone finally pointed out that emperor is not wearing any clothes! Arguments can be made that the Navy is looking for funds but the fact is that Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (otherwise known as the Navy) always has a mission, and the PRC is justifying the requested monies admirably.

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/02/c...-harris-pacom/
    Good article. Can only concur with the good admiral's assessment.
    Mutare vel timere sperno

Nec Aspera Terrent

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X